cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a "handler" and why do I need it to watch videos?

Highlighted
Patron

What is a "handler" and why do I need it to watch videos?

Seriously, I have no idea what a handler is, or why I need one to view videos on my Rumor 2.  Please help

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: What is a "handler" and why do I need it to watch videos?

In this case, a "handler" would refer to a program or process in the phone needed to receive certain requests from the internet. In this example, the
"request" is streaming videos from any site like m.youtube.com. If you are receiving that error, chances are that the phone does not have the necessary program or process to handle it.

Patron

So is there a way to get one?  There must be since my phone has a place to store videos...anyone know how I can a handler?

Journeyman

Betty,

I havent seen one as of yet. Give 24 hrs and I will give a response. I will do some in-depth research to see if the problem can be fixed.

Best regards,

Lefty

Journeyman

Yea i am with him a handler thingy would be nice

Journeyman

My phone needs a "handler" to... How do I get it on my phone?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Generally, to view Flash videos, animations or games, or full screen videos you need a desktop computer.

Very few feature / messaging phones have the needed computing power to handle advanced features on the web, like Flash games, fullscreen movies, etc.  Very few feature / messaging phones have the ability for the end-user to update the operating system or core software or web browser. 

If your phone prompts you for a 'handler', unfortunately you are most likely going to be unable to view that content.

Sorry...

will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I have an LG Lotus and with every browser (proprietary, Opera, Bolt), I CANNOT click a link in CraigsList...I get "a handler is needed". When I click to get the handler, I am taken to a Sprint download site where there is no "handler" present!

HELP!

Sprint Product Ambassador

A 'handler' is tech talk for something to 'handle' or play / view / deal with the file you just clicked on.

It's a fancy way of your phone saying "I Don't Know How to Handle This File".  Kind of like when the waiter gives me the menu in French.  I don't have a 'handler' for French, so I can't read the menu.

The LG Lotus really isn't user updatable like a PC would be.  Sorry that Craigslist isn't working for you correctly.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

My son has a sanyo-2700 and he got ringtones off this website on funformobile.com and it went to a file and it had a question mark and it said it needs a handler how can i get a handler for him.?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat