Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is next software update for LG G6?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is next software update for LG G6?

Hi, 

When will be receiving next software update with latest security patches for LG G6? 

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Re: When is next software update for LG G6?

Hello ashok_chandran. We can see that the last software update was on 06/27/2017. We don't have information about when the next software update will be available, but we can assure it will be available once we receive it from LG.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

i received ZV7 this morning but it never kicked up a message saying what it was bringing in..im guessing security patch and possible bug fixes but at this point its only a guess.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I received it too, but didnt notice any major change expect security patch. Any changelog would do

GrandMaster

soon as its passed down the chain it will be posted in this forum. seemed odd it didnt do its usual pop up with what all it was changing/fixing...figured it might do it after the update or right before it restarts but nothing ever popped up.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint should have done better job on this. 

GrandMaster

Sprint doesnt release the updates..the OEM does...in this case LG..which doesnt have the greatest of backgrounds when it comes to timely updates getting kicked out..ditto with the posting of the updates..what gets posted in here is what is sent from the OEM about the update or pulled from their site..which actually the log should be on their site for the G6
Journeyman

I agree Smiley Happy
Journeyman

I received ZV7 today as well - showing security patch level date of 5/1/17. Didn't we have that update previously? I was thinking we'd get at least a June or July update.

GrandMaster

thats what im showing as well..so it didnt change. nothing over at LG so far about it that im hearing..or maybe it posted up today.
Journeyman

LG is lagging behind on updates, rest of OEM(atleast most) updated August security patch for their 2017 flagship, but LG release May 17. What a shame
GrandMaster

agreed. they have always been a tad bit behind the times when it comes to updates. usually quickest to slowest is HTC Samsung LG and then Motorola...HTC and Sammy tend to flip flop for kicking things out quickly between the two of them.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat