cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get calls on my LG Louts?

Patron

Why can't I get calls on my LG Louts?

I have had my Lotus for about 3 months, First it is TOO cute. But I have a problem getting my calls. From the time I got it I have had people tell me that they tried to call but there was no record of a missed call so I just dismissed it. Recently while out of town on a family emergency it became clear that the calls were being placed but I didn't get them or a "missed call". I could get a voice mail about three hours after the call was made. Text messages seem to flow okay,but not perfect. The signal in the area is strong, I have checked all the roaming settings, updated the phone, turned it off for several minutes, removed and replaced the battery. Still no call are coming in.

It still randomly reboots itself and why is there an option for e-mail alerts when it never alerts you?

Anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Why can't I get calls on my LG Louts?

Sounds to me like a bad phone. I would take it into a service store and have the technician take a look at it. Did it work fine when you first got it? Or has it had this issue since day one? I'm assuming not the latter otherwise you probably would have taken it is prior to now. Also have you made any changes to your account or plan recently?

Journeyman

Jeepchic, I had the exact same problem.

I had the Lotus for about two months before I started having problems with it. Every day throughout the day, I would not get any calls and my text messages would lag like crazy!!... I've called Sprint customer service, and switched around phones, but the problem was NEVER resolved. I thought it might have been the Lotus, so I went and bought a Samsung Highnote (same problem that very day I activated the Highnote), so I went back to the Lotus. After about a month of missing calls and lagging texts, (I LOVED the lotus so much that I didn't want to go back to my old phone), I had to go back to the LG Rumor. -- No problems whatsoever. Everything was normal again. I got rid of the Lotus and waited for the Samsung Exclaim to come out. After about two weeks with the Exclaim, I'M STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! -- I would sometimes call my cell, and after about four rings, it goes to voicemail. My cell doesn't ring nor does it tell meI have a missed call.

I've tried everything -- everything you've tried and more. I had Sprint switch my network, which gave me a different MSID number; I was told to change my roaming mode to "Sprint Only" and not "automatic" because the calls might be picking up other networks (I'm in San Francisco, which has GREAT coverage), but NOTHING WORKS!!!

The Exclaim is another wonderful phone, but I couldn't take it anymore. Earlier today, I switched back to the LG Rumor.

I've noticed that I've had this problem with all of Sprint's new phones (all phones that have the One-Click feature). But all of Sprint's older phones seem to be working fine.

Journeyman

Hi there!  I would also suggest taking your phone into your local Sprint Repair Center to have diagnostic testing ran on the phone.

Highlighted
Patron

Thanks for all the suggestions, I called sprint, practically cried, begged, pleaded, yelled and was told since they called my phone and I answered the trouble shooting was complete. GEEZ... they finally ordered a diagnostic on it so today I went into the store and after about 15 minutes I was told that there were no problems with my phone but they would order me a new one. I agreed. My bigger issue is that I was told by the tech at sprint that this missing calls issue was not "a known" issue with this phone. The rebooting is a "known" issue and the lag in text messages, well they don't give a time frame for sending or receiving texts.

I must say that for the most part everyone I dealt with was as polite and helpful as could possibly be however I am not sure they understand how frustrating it is to not be able to get their calls. And if people are posting to the Sprint site that these problems are occurring then how is it that they are still not considered to be "known" issues.

My last curiosity came today as I was noticing what kind of phone all the people in the sprint store were using... Not a single Lotus to be seen, then I realized that aside from my own I have never seen anyone using one. It is a really cute phone so why is it that no one seems to be using it?

The new phone should be here tomorrow and I will start hounding my friends to see if they are calling...

So for now I can't say I am a happy Sprint customer, but I am still a Sprint Customer.

Patron

I think the phone has had call issues since the beginning. It seems to be mostly when I am out of the local area. The first two times I was away it was vacation time so I was secretly thrilled that my call didn't make it and I assumed it was the area I was in. The last few days I was away with a family emergency so it was a very different situation when I didn't get calls. I was also in a large city where the signal was strong.

I did go to the diagnostic center today  and I posted that below. Thanks. JeepChic

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat