cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does sending a picture text want to connect to the internet?

Journeyman

I have an LG Remarq and have unlimited texting including picture texts. However, each time I try to send a picture text to someone else's phone, it says it's connecting to the internet. I don't have data included in my plan. How can I send the picture text without being charged for a data fee considering I am supposed to have picture texts be unlimited? It's frustrating, b/c I know I should be able to send them to people and I can even receive them fine. What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

I don't know anything about that phone or the specific plan that you have.

Sprint started to use "Picture Mail" when sending picture text and that requires Internet.  What this does.... The picture upload to online storage at Sprint, then send out the info to the person with link back to picture.  Are you texting picture to an email address?  If you are texting pictures to a phone number, then it should go through directly without Sprint's online Picture Mail.  If you want picture sent directly to an email address, then send it from your email address.

All I got to say is.. Sprint have really got to stop the Picture Mail junk.

Master

Picture mail goes through a web portal - imagine it as your home page on your computer.  It has to be able to access the home page to send the picture.  It does not go elsewhere on the internet- just that homepage and data acquiring that page is programmed to be no charge.  If you receive a message from someone with another carrier and it takes you to a different web page you would incur costs. 

Journeyman

I just got this phone recently and mostly wanted to text pictures as I don't really care to strain my eyes looking at stuff online on that small screen. I too, was under the impression that by purchasing an add on for text messaging which I won't use that much, I could send pictures, only to find out you have to have the data plan as well. Reading the information about the texting plan on this site never said that, I had to call where I purchased the phone to find out. So I'll send a few pictures and cancel the service as it's an additonal $20!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat