cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have the rumor touch phone? is so how do you like it?

Journeyman

does anyone have the rumor touch phone? is so how do you like it?

does anyone have the new lg rumor touch? is it a good phone and can  you watch  video on it?

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: does anyone have the rumor touch phone? is so how do you like it?

I ordered mine on Saturday afternoon (around 5pm). I received it around noon on Monday, so the shipping is really fast.

The phone itself is amazing. I spent all of yesterday playing with it. It is easy to insert contact, use the internet and send messages. I previously had the LG Rumor for two years and never had a problem with it which is why I chose to stay with the Rumor. I find that the only thing I do not like about this phone is that it does not display the date on the home screen. You have to go to calendars to find the date, but other than that it is a great phone.

Journeyman

There is a problem with sending texts. The phone fails to connect. You can turn it off and then on again but....that is not what I had in mind.

Journeyman

i haven't had any problems with texts. have you updated your firmware?

Wizard

The problem with texting is a known issue.  A new software release is in the works to correct it.

Master

In case you haven't already, I would also recommend taking a look at the reviews section of the site here.

Here's a link directly to the Rumor Touch section:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/device-reviews.jspa?deviceId=253

Journeyman

Dont waste your time or money on this phone.  Sure it looks nice and feels good in the hands, however, it doesn't work properly!  Have to turn phone on and off to send texts (ANNOYING!) and SprintTV never works. Why am I paying extra money for features that can't even work properly is beyond me

Journeyman

I just got the Rumor phone 3 days ago.  I really like the phone. Easy to navigate, text, and create contact lists. Internet it okay.  The only negative I have is you constantly have to unlock the phone.  It is very frustrating.  Had I known that I would have chosen another phone. Maybe they will fix it with a software release.

Journeyman

http://hubpages.com/hub/Install-Non-Virgin-Mobile-Java-Apps-on-LG-Rumor-Touch

The link up top here lets you learn how to isntall 3rd party apps, and this is what made the phone worth my while. I was crazy frustrated with how locked down it was, but installing 3rd party apps really made the difference.

I mean, I can backup contacts with JContactBackup-I use the official Gmail App all the time, and Trapster (the speed trap GPS) is pretty fun too. hehe

Long and short, I love the phone, but I loved it less before I discovered how to install 3rd party apps.

Dana

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got my LG Rumor Touch yesterday and I hate it. Super hard to use. I went back to Sprint today to get another phone, even a more expensive one and they want to charge $35 to get rid of my $29 phone. Horrible. The representative at Sprint even had a hard time showing me the most basic things with this phone. I suggest going another route and NOT getting this phone!

Journeyman

My husband has the LG phone.  He doesn't like it.  He keeps it on his hip in a phone pouch.  If the phone rings, when he pull the phone from the pouch he

disconnects the call.  The screen doesn't have a way to lock the screen immediately after a call.  He has to wait until the screen goes dark.

Journeyman

to lock the screen just tap the power button... if you press and hold it shuts the phone down just give it a tap

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat