cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optimus s

Highlighted
Journeyman

optimus s

ok so i just got like sprint last week and so far its been fine the only problem has only been the phone i got the lg optimus s and it keeps unmounting the sd card like everyday this is really getting annoying so can anyone help me out here  i mean i did  read the book and i know if u take it out the wrong way it it could damage the slot but i go to the settings and unmount it that way so can someone please help me

Message was edited by: digidude689

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: optimus s

Perhaps there is something wrong with the SD card?  Did you use your old SD card?  The problem with SD cards is that they are limited use items.  If you have a 2 GB SD card and keep it 90% full with regular use, then you might not get 2 years out of it.  If you keep it at 50% use, then it might be three years.  Thus, it is not a good idea to put high use applications on the SD card because you will wear out the card quickly.  Also, if you have every tried to "defrag" an SD card, it also reduces the life because it writes data throughout the card.  To increase the lifespan of an SD card, reduce usage.  The phone's memory design does not have the same limitation.  I think the basic rule of thumb is that you can write over the entire SD card 10,000 times before it's completely dead.  However, I would think that you would notice performance issues before then.

I recommend purchasing an 8 GB class 6 micro SD card, and seeing if that works better.  That's what I'm currently using, and have not experienced the SD card unmounting.  Please try to get the class 6, and not just any 8 GB card.

On the other hand, perhaps my card is unmounting without my knowledge.  Do you get any notification that the card is unmounted?

Journeyman

I have the same issue everytime I unlock my screen.  However, on my phone it says its unmounted but immediately says its reloaded.  I don't take it out and put it back in.  I know other people who have the same issue.  I am like you, is this actually damaging the port and or card?

Journeyman

ok so i finally figured out that it was the sd card not the phone cuz i went out to radio shack and brought a 4gb sd card and my phone started working perfectly so go buy a new sd card and i think that will fix ur problem trust me

Journeyman

Thank you!  I will have to try that!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat