cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with service, rumor touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

problems with service, rumor touch

A few days ago I started having problems texting, and also never recieved a few calls. I would have to try sending texts multiple times, while it managed to send only once the other party recieved the message however many times I attempted to send. I thought it was just where I was in my house, since everywhere else was pretty much fine, but those areas even started getting alittle spotty. As of two nights ago I haven't been able to text at all really, only a rare few sent and received, and phone calls are EXTREMELY broken up, if they even go through anymore. It's like I suddenly don't have service anymore. I called costomer service yesterday around 10 or 11pm, and they said a tower was down but it was fied around 3pm. Today (9/22) I called costomer service again and they mentioned the same problem, but that it was a closed ticket. They connected me to Tech Support, who then refreshed my phone and did a few other things, I was able to send a few texts, but as soon as I hung up with them it went back to doing the same thing, occassionally getting and being able to send a text. I either get "out of coverage", "ack time out, cause code 34", and "general problems, cause code 107". Then I went to the sprint store, they gave me a new phone and everything was back to normal. I was able to send/recieved all my missed texts, and I was able to make and recieve phone calls when I got out of work. I didn't get to play with it and change any settings til I got home, and when I did that's when the problems began again.

I'm noticing that it starts when I even just enter the Roaming menu. At first, I changed it to Sprint only, and it stopped working. Even if I change it back to Automatic it wouldn't work. And now if I just simply enter the Roaming menu and go back it stops working. If I reset my phone's settings everything works just fine again, except phonecalls as of now. I played with roaming settings and had to reset a few times.. I'm starting to think it might be an issue with this particular phone now, especially since everyone I know in my area who has Sprint says their phones are fine. I've never had a problem with their service until now, and I JUST signed up for another two years, this isn't a good way to start off a contract.

Message was edited by: mareimbrium

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: problems with service, rumor touch

this has been the story of my life.  Sprint told me no one else seems to have this problem and to turn off my phone and back on.   That is the solution for all of 10 minutes some times.  its been constant since i have bought this phone!

Journeyman

I have been having the same problem a for over a month and now when I try to use my keyboard and close phone it has started randomly power cycling.  I have done the latest update, called customer service for them to try things but no solution.

Journeyman

just got Lotus Elite black... same problem havent been able to send one text or email.... NOT ONCE...   replacement phone? i dun know.. sounds like its not the phone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat