cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer numbers from old phone to new

Journeyman

transfer numbers from old phone to new

just received LG phone in mail, but do not want to activate it before I know if/how to transfer all the phone numbers saved on my current phone....

How can this be done?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: transfer numbers from old phone to new

What is your current phone?  If the phone is compatible for wireless backup and new phone is compatible for wireless backup, them you can add the wireless backup on current phone, make sure the contacts backed up then when you activate new phone you can activate the wireless backup and contacts should sync to replacement phone.

note:  This will only work if both phones are compatible for wireless backup.

Journeyman

Please clarify something.  I had a Katana DLX that was wireless backup capable and I was using that feature.  I bought a LG Optimus S and during the online activation process it told me that the LG Optimus S was wireless backup capable.  After I activated the phone, I noticed the conacts weren't installed.  I chatted and also called in and the reps said my phone wasn't able to utilize the wireless backup service.  What gives.  All this time I have been paying for a service I expected to use in the future and now I can't.  The online activation page had me put in the Hex and Dec number from the back of the phone in and it came back and told me that the phone was capable.  I also lost all my voice mails in the activatin process.  Please explain.

Journeyman

I agree with your point, i had thee same problem when tha guys at the sprint store move the contacts, but the rest of the information was lost.

I do apologize for the miscommunication about the wireless backup for the LG optimus.  Because the Optimus is an android phone, it doesn not support wireless backup.  It uses google sync to backup contacts.  Now for your voicemail, tthe reason you lost all your voicemail was because you went to a new voicemail platform called visual voicemail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for responding, but the point here is communication.  Sprint needs to inform customers what is or is not going to happen when you get a new phone.  It needs to be done before the purchase or activation. Voicemails, texts, and contacts might not be important to Sprint, but they are certainly important to the person who they belong to.  They need to be more sensitive to the customer and the customers data.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat