cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my touch screen not responding

Journeyman

Ditto here! From one moment to the next, the touch screen's horizontal position is reported incorrect.

Defaults to leftmost pixel, even if the rightmost one is touched.

Tried with no success:

phone reboot with battery removal

factory reset phone

recalibrating only responds with "out of range". Does nothing.

Somebody on this thread mentioned they upgraded firmware with no effect.

Therefore, this must be a manufacturuing defect and Sprint should seriously look at the issue.

I do not abuse my phones.

Journeyman

I tried cleaning the screen, rebooting, everything and nothing works for my touch screen!

I have only had the phone 9 months! Sprint says there is nothing they can do. I can send it to

LG, but all my info would be lost. or, of course, buy a new phone!

Highlighted
Wizard

Currently there are no published known issues for this issue that several of you are having. I wish there was a quick fix to this, but the best advice I can give is to have the phone looked at by a service and repair center to determine if it can be fixed in the store or replaced through our Advanced Exchange program as mentioned above. You can find your closest store through this link: http://sprint.com/storelocator

Thanks

David

Journeyman

Im having the same exact problems with mine too...  I have only had mine for 9mths.  I did notice if I clean the screen really good I can get it work properly for the time being.

Journeyman

Re: why is my touch screen not responding

Mine just started this a few days ago. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Tried to recalibrate but its not working well enough to work. Updated firmware, profile, &  PRO (or whatever, PIF?). Powered down and up, several times. I can touch (i.e.) "tools" but "messaging" will be selected. Or I can touch a virtual button again and again and again, and the phone will vibrate - so it "knows" it is being touched - but it won't select any option. Sometimes the virtual button will flash - as it does when it is selected - but will not select. Occasionally there is no response to touch, but mostly it just responds incorrectly or incompletly. Basically can't count on it to answer calls, make calls, reply to texts. LG Rumor Touch. I've had it 15 months.

Journeyman

mines is doing the same =(

Journeyman

Please call Sprint at 888-211-4727 and we will give you a service ticket to take to a service and repair store to have them look at it to see if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. If you do not have TEP, there will be a $35 fee if you are outside of your first 30 days.

Brenderlynn

Journeyman

I have a LG Rumor Touch.  I've never got it wet, dropped it, misused it, or anything.  Everytime I use the touch screen for the past few days, it is not working.  I tried to calibrate the phone with settings, but it doesn't work. What do I do!!  I haven't had this phone very long!