cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my touch screen not responding

Journeyman

Re: why is my touch screen not responding

My LG rumor touch responds too much it will type send, call if the screen is not locked. Im about to throw it at the wall, try replying to a text and only god knows who will get it.  I'm sure this is not the contracted service I signed my family up for.  Let me know if anybody has any suggestions how to stop this from happening.

Regards,

Journeyman

My LG rumor touch responds too much it will type send, call if the screen is not locked. Im about to throw it at the wall, try replying to a text and only god knows who will get it.  I'm sure this is not the contracted service I signed my family up for.  Let me know if anybody has any suggestions how to stop this from happening.

Regards,

Journeyman

Both wife and I purchased Rumor Touches about 1 1/2 years ago.  My screen went haywire at the 1 year mark and my wife's just started. The programmer who came up with the "Out of Range" response needs to go back to school and learn how to program.  The phone works mostly OK with the slider out.  The other annoying thing is the rapidity which the phone locks after you have touched the slider.  You get about 2 seconds to make your decision or you're locked up again.  Must be the same programmer that designed the "Out of Range" response.  I saw Sprint about it and they sent me to LG support.  LG said, sorry out of warranty, but we can charge you for a repair.  Like that's going to happen. LOL

Journeyman

I'm having all these issues, sometimes the screen doesn't work, othertimes it is responding to much.  It will just start hitting * randomly over and over when I'm trying to make a call or check my voicemail, that gets annoying fast.  I've been resetting it with the battery about once a day but it doesn't last for long.  I even had to enable parental controls on my data because it hits so many buttons randomly I don't always know what its doing, and it accessed the internet at some point and my bill jumped up to about $80.  I'm toughing it out, I've got three months left, and I'm done with Sprint, I've been with them for 8 years then I'm going to pay as you go.  I could get unlimited talk, txt, and web for what I'm getting for 450 min and unlimited txt here.

Journeyman

I'm having all these issues, sometimes the screen doesn't work, othertimes it is responding to much.  It will just start hitting * randomly over and over when I'm trying to make a call or check my voicemail, that gets annoying fast.  I've been resetting it with the battery about once a day but it doesn't last for long.  I even had to enable parental controls on my data because it hits so many buttons randomly I don't always know what its doing, and it accessed the internet at some point and my bill jumped up to about $80.  I'm toughing it out, I've got three months left, and I'm done with Sprint, I've been with them for 8 years then I'm going to pay as you go.  I could get unlimited talk, txt, and web for what I'm getting for 450 min and unlimited txt here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat