cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

GrandMaster

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

are you still making payments on it or installment payments? or fully payed off?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

are you still making payments on it or installment payments? or fully payed off?

fully paid off...no contract on phone.

Journeyman

Ok my phone has been paid off since 2015 inactive since 2016 off contract. The imei of the phone in thought weird it starts with 0014 which I have never seen before. But after much back and forth with my carrier now and sprint even with them together in conference calls I sprint still says it is unlocked.  I reached out to the manufacturer. I know LG is a Korean company and figured it would be hard to deal with.  I gave then the me if and imei and they bumped me up to a senior guy within minutes. Apperantly sprint found a loophole in the law it does state in the law that 1 year if paid off off contract etc. And sprint will say they are unlocked it does show it to be but these phones. Are international phones locked to korea imported right after the passing of the laws. When sprint puts there stuff on it their factory image it makes it able to work on there stuff but upon unlock it is still locked. Because it is supposed to be in Korea. I have tried to conference in sprint lg and my carrier . sprint will not talk to me or them.  LG is pushing this up their chain and said they are going to make sprint fix this situation. What happens now is anyone's guess. LG told me that sprint imported a ton of these phones when they were not supposed to. So we will see. Check your imei if it isnt doesnt look right call LG They know of the issue the more of us that can show the issue the more likely we can have a company thAt has such bad business practice dealt with.

GrandMaster

hahaha oh dear god this gave me a good laugh..so are you saying Sprint flew over there and forced them to ship them to them? they got them from some black market source?

as for who puts their carrier stuff on what...that would be the OEM adding in what the carrier requests..the carrier does not get the phone then start adding in their own stuff..not how it happens..hence why there is so much testing back and forth before a update is pushed..OEM testing...then carrier..until both sign it off that update aint coming.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

PM me your phone number?

@Fruit wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am I'm in the same shoes as everyone else with the invalid sim.  I've tried using it overseas in Taiwan in two separate trips with both showing invalid sim.  CustCare had promised both times that they've unlocked me.  But obviously not the case.  Recently, I've tried using H20 Wireless (ATT network) and T-Mobile and it won't work on either too.  I really need this unlocked so I can use it when I travel internationally.

Forgot to mention.  Currently a Sprint customer so I do have the SIM card.  I just need it to work for me when I travel internationally.  Please help.  

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

PM me your phone number?

@Fruit wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am I'm in the same shoes as everyone else with the invalid sim.  

PM my phone # to you.  Thanks for helping 

Journeyman

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am for helping to resolve my LG V20 Unlock Issue.  It's been more than 1.5 yrs since I first began the track to unlock the phone.  Just happy that it's now working for my int'l travel.

Highlighted
Community Manager

No problem, I'm glad I could help.  

@Fruit wrote:

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am for helping to resolve my LG V20 Unlock Issue.  It's been more than 1.5 yrs since I first began the track to unlock the phone.  Just happy that it's now working for my int'l travel.

Journeyman

Same here

@Em_Will_I_Am : I have written to you. Please help me out

Community Manager

OK

@rajaiitp wrote:

Same here

@Em_Will_I_Am : I have written to you. Please help me out

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat