Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Community Manager

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

LMAO!

@Geauga0609 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Like I try to tell people...just trust the process.  You will be amazed how many people freak out when I say I'm going to relock the phone.  "I DON'T WANT LOCK THE PHONE!!!"  We spend all day going back and forth in PMs until I talk them off the ledge.  Thanks to you too for trusting the process.  

Hmmmm.. I can get it. Just like the joke says:

• One day a mathematician decides that he is sick of math. So, he walks down to the fire department and announces that he wants to become a fireman.The fire chief says, "Well, you look like a good guy. I'd be glad to hire you, but first I have to give you a little test."

The firechief takes the mathematician to the alley behind the fire department which contains a dumpster, a spigot, and a hose. The chief then says, "OK, you're walking in the alley and you see the dumpster here is on fire. What do you do?"

The mathematician replies, "Well, I hook up the hose to the spigot, turn the water on, and put out the fire."The chief says, "That's great... perfect. Now I have to ask you just one more question. What do you do if you're walking down the alley and you see the dumpster is not on fire?"

The mathematician puzzles over the question for awhile and he finally says, "I light the dumpster on fire."

The chief yells, "What? That's horrible! Why would you light the dumpster on fire?"

The mathematician replies, "Well, that way I reduce the problem to one I've already solved."

Journeyman

Same issue here, sent Will a PM... Hoping for the best.

Journeyman

And Just like that WILL FIXED IT!!!! He is the man.
Community Manager

Was there any doubt?  LOL!

@Mcss86 wrote:
And Just like that WILL FIXED IT!!!! He is the man.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am Hi Will, one last question. So after unlocking the phone the other day, I found that the only thing I can do is make and receive calls or text. I tried changing the APN, but that setting is locked. Any ideas? 

Community Manager

No clue really.  I've never dealt with that side of getting a device to work on another carrier network.  The only thing I can think of is the network would have to be set to match that of the network you are attempting to activate the device on.  Of course, the SIM will need to be active on the said network.

@1Geo1 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am Hi Will, one last question. So after unlocking the phone the other day, I found that the only thing I can do is make and receive calls or text. I tried changing the APN, but that setting is locked. Any ideas? 

Journeyman

Hello

I have the same issue..

Updated from Nougat to Oreo and lost the unlock. "!" inside a SIM symbol, "Invalid SIM" in place of the carrier's name, and no APN or an option to to add one. On nougat i was able to make calls and send sms, but the APN was grayed out.

Contacted the support through service, but no solution.

Your help please

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@mndhr, is this phone on Sprint, or was it a Sprint phone that you bought from someone else?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Huntress of Pokémon and Resolutions,
Kudos and Accepted Solutions, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint I bought it used from someone else who bought it used from a shop with no Sprint service. I don't know who was the original owner or when it was on Sprint for the last time.

Wizard

To be able to unlock the phone again, we will need to know the account number it was on or the account holders name. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks. Can you get this information from the seller?

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am your help please

Wizard

I'll send you a PM so I can get the IMEI of the phone.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat