cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Currently I am in Yemen. Stores here, as well as individuals, bought phones from ebay to be resold here. So there is no way to tell the original owner with the Sprint account. It checked the IEMI number and it was clear.

Wizard

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

For the phone to be able to receive the unlock signal, it would need to be inside the US. The only phones that are sometimes able to get it out of the US are Apple phones.

 

 

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community Manager

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Do you have a Sprint SIM?  Without a Sprint SIM, you will not be able to receive the unlock code. 

 


@mndhr wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am your help please


 

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

I can manage to get a Sprint SIM card, but will it be OK if I am outside of the US? i. e. roaming?

Community Manager

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

That's OK.

 


@mndhr wrote:

I can manage to get a Sprint SIM card, but will it be OK if I am outside of the US? i. e. roaming?


 

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

@Em_Will_I_Am I have sent you a PM of the IMEI and other requested data. Thanks in advance

Community Manager

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

OK.  I get 100+ PMs a day.  I will try to get to it today.

 


@mndhr wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am I have sent you a PM of the IMEI and other requested data. Thanks in advance


 

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

Sorry so long to reply I also have the lgls997 after 3 weeks of calls to sprint att and lg I now know why the lgls997 v20 is so hard to get to work and how sprint is able to say it might be unable to work on other carriers . lg told me that the phone is an international model registered in and for Korea not made for use in the USA I will include a pic of my imei and everything in the about menu call LG. They will verify this phone was bought in a sprint store in Lubbock texas. 

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

@Em_Will_I_Am I hope that you are able to do that tomorrow. Sorry for bothering you.

Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

@Em_Will_I_Am I hope that you are able to do that tomorrow. Sorry for bothering you.

GrandMaster

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

 LG IS a Korean company....South Korean to be exact.

 

 


@Cbilberry wrote:

Sorry so long to reply I also have the lgls997 after 3 weeks of calls to sprint att and lg I now know why the lgls997 v20 is so hard to get to work and how sprint is able to say it might be unable to work on other carriers . lg told me that the phone is an international model registered in and for Korea not made for use in the USA I will include a pic of my imei and everything in the about menu call LG. They will verify this phone was bought in a sprint store in Lubbock texas. 


 

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: LG V20 Claimed to be unlocked in system, but constant invalid SIM

@Em_Will_I_Am I'm in the same shoes as everyone else with the invalid sim.  I've tried using it overseas in Taiwan in two separate trips with both showing invalid sim.  CustCare had promised both times that they've unlocked me.  But obviously not the case.  Recently, I've tried using H20 Wireless (ATT network) and T-Mobile and it won't work on either too.  I really need this unlocked so I can use it when I travel internationally.

 

Forgot to mention.  Currently a Sprint customer so I do have the SIM card.  I just need it to work for me when I travel internationally.  Please help.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat