cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 unlock problem

Journeyman

LG V20 unlock problem

I bought this phone off ebay and the guy I purchased it from said that it was unlocked. Popped my simcard and it and it was fine. Got signal and everything. A few hrs after I got and update. Phone updated to Oreo and because there was things on the device I wiped it. After resetting the device. It began to say Invalid Sim. Saw on XDA that there was a user on here that can fix this issue. Named @Em_Will_I_Am could fix this issue. Help please

13 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: LG V20 unlock problem

Do you have a Sprint SIM?

@Kxng1080 wrote:

I bought this phone off ebay and the guy I purchased it from said that it was unlocked. Popped my simcard and it and it was fine. Got signal and everything. A few hrs after I got and update. Phone updated to Oreo and because there was things on the device I wiped it. After resetting the device. It began to say Invalid Sim. Saw on XDA that there was a user on here that can fix this issue. Named @Em_Will_I_Am could fix this issue. Help please

Journeyman

No

Community Manager

Yeah, a Sprint SIM is needed to receive the unlock code from us.  

Journeyman

i am facing the same problem, i am outside the US, can you help me in any way?
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Do you have a Sprint SIM?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Huntress of Pokémon and Resolutions,
Kudos and Accepted Solutions, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Journeyman

thats the real problem, i dont have one and cant get one internationaly.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I understand. The phone has to have a Sprint SIM in it to capture the unlock signal. If your situation changes and you can get one, let us know.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Huntress of Pokémon and Resolutions,
Kudos and Accepted Solutions, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Journeyman

Enter reply text I'm facing same problem please help me sir
Wizard

Good morning. Let me see if I can help you out. Did you purchase this phone from someone?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Yes was unlocked when I got it. Updated to Oreo and its now locked

Wizard

Alright. I need some additional info. Here's some tips to set up the phone SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks I'm going to send you a PM. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat