cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30+ Latest Update - Stuck in 3G

Go to solution
Journeyman

LG V30+ Latest Update - Stuck in 3G

After the latest update (the one that enabled VoLTE) Build #: OPR1.170623.026, Software Ver. LS99826a, my phone refuses to come out of 3G. Doesn't matter where I am. Tried to update PRL and Device Config Profile and nothing works. Tried to do airplane mode on/off in various locations around San Diego and it will NOT connect to 4G no matter where I am located.

Real shame to have such a crappy experience with a relatively new phone. Please Fix this Sprint!

18 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: LG V30+ Latest Update - Stuck in 3G

and the network settings are set to what? automatic? CDMA/LTE? CDMA?

also when did you receive this update?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Automatic Network Mode - this update was installed about 4-6 days ago, it was almost 1GB update that mentioned it was the rollout of VoLTE

GrandMaster

im checking on something but one thing you might try is heading to a Sprint repair store and seeing if they have another sim card in case yours just went belly up and its only coincidental with the update push.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

ok soooooo.....check with the sprint repair store to see if they can test a new sim card in there to confirm THAT wasnt the problem..if its still the same results you will need to do one of two things..kind of

1-perform a partition wipe on the phone..this is the lesser of the factory resets and you will not loose any info from the phone..you will however more than likely need to log back into things...might clear up the problem for you with misplaced info...

2-back up the phone and factory reset it which is the next step if the partition wipe does not work anyways..

Journeyman

I'm replying because I'm having the same issue.  Notified of a Sprint update two days ago.  For the last 30 hours my phone has dropped to 3g.  Restarted phone, profile, prl, network setting is on automatic. Switched to 4g/lte with reatart and it did not help. Located in woodland hills, ca 91367 a city in Los Angeles county.

Community Manager

@Cmamenta23 and @1parkplace  PM me your phone numbers so I can get tickets submitted.

@Cmamenta23 wrote:

I'm replying because I'm having the same issue.  Notified of a Sprint update two days ago.  For the last 30 hours my phone has dropped to 3g.  Restarted phone, profile, prl, network setting is on automatic. Switched to 4g/lte with reatart and it did not help. Located in woodland hills, ca 91367 a city in Los Angeles county.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Amyou are the best! He delivered a new payload to my phone and after the re-config command my phone restarted and jumped back on 4G. Hope it's this easy to fix for everyone experiencing this problem.

Thanks for the help buddy!

Community Manager

BOO-YAH!!  No problem.  Glad I could help.  

@1parkplace wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Amyou are the best! He delivered a new payload to my phone and after the re-config command my phone restarted and jumped back on 4G. Hope it's this easy to fix for everyone experiencing this problem.

Thanks for the help buddy!

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am uh oh, problem returned but different. Now I get no network and only get back on by restarting the phome. Toggling airplane mode doesn't work to restore connectivity.

Any further ideas?

Community Manager

Yeah, that's different.  I got a whole host of questions.  When does it happen?  How often does it happen?  Does it happen at a particular location?  Is wifi calling enable?  Is VoLTE enabled?  Is the network setting set to automatic?  What's your blood type?  What is your middle credit score?

@1parkplace wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am uh oh, problem returned but different. Now I get no network and only get back on by restarting the phome. Toggling airplane mode doesn't work to restore connectivity.

Any further ideas?

Journeyman

I am also having the same issue. Downloaded and installed the update a few days ago and yesterday it lost signal all of a sudden now it's only connected to 3g 😭😭

Tags (1)
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat