cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

Journeyman

V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

Lost the ability to send or receive mms texts using WiFi. I think this may have started after an android update 2 days ago and im not sure what to do. Mms works fine using mobile data. Any help is much appreciated!

12 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: V30+ lost ability to send/receive mms on wifi

are you using wifi calling? also make fully sure the texting app itself is fully up to date.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, I am not using wifi calling. Never messed with that setting since getting the phone new, about 2 months ago. Does it have to be on? Like I said initially, this issue became apparent after doing a system update on the phone last week.

Thanks for your help!

GrandMaster

for mms issues i would check the texting apps settings for things like sending mms over wifi/data. wifi calling would help quite a bit if the problem is while connected to wifi. but i have a feeling something changed up with the update..the thing is you dont see any complaints really in here about the last update and mms messages over wifi..it could also be the enhanced messaging acting up which same scenario..check in the settings of the texting app itself to see if there is anything in there that might need changed.

data works fine over wifi though correct? as in you can browse the web without any issues?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, there are no issues with data when using WiFi except for the mms thing. I will look at text settings again but I've looked at these several times before trying to find an answer.

Thank you again

GrandMaster

and the texting app being used is the stock one that came with it correct? more than likely Google messages?

Journeyman

Yes, it is the stock one that was on the phone

GrandMaster

to lazy to go back and look but this is only happening with wifi correct? sending via mobile data is working fine with MMS?

GrandMaster

might have thought of something. from what i have read when the whole VoLTE update has pushed to some other devices they had to physically go into their device and turn on the data over LTE setting..

its a hail Mary but it might be what you are needing.  should be in settings and possibly voice or calls.

Journeyman

Yes. That's correct

GrandMaster

ok...got another one i will need you to try. shut down wifi and make sure you are in a good covered network area for mobile...mainly data..once this is confirmed pull up your dial pad and type in ##SCRTN# . let it do its thing and once done go ahead and retest over wifi..when the update pushed through it might have junked up your authorization cookies..this will basically clear and force it to reload them..this is something internal that its doing..should have zero affect for you.

Journeyman

Thank you for your help. Tried that resetting u suggested and issue remains. Volte and Wifi calling had no affect on it as well

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat