cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Great Review on the LG G Flex 2!

Wizard

I have been using the G Flex 2 for a few weeks now and I really enjoy the device itself. It feels great in my hands and even though screen is 5.5" it doesn't feel that large with the curve.

The more I use the more I like watching content on it, just something about the curve that draws me in and really feel immersed in the display. Granted I wish it was a bit brighter, but only when outside.

Recently, I've been reading a lot of reviews on the G Flex 2 and some of them haven't been so good and others are just "ok". Most of them I disagree with and find that the G Flex 2 is a great device

and I've really enjoyed using it. I also love the Sprint Volcano color option, to me that is my favorite color on any device I've had thru Sprint. It is an attention getter!

I stumbled on CNET's review and I find that I pretty much agree with the entire review. It fits closely to my views on the G Flex 2.

Here are a few things that I really agree with out of CNET's review. One of which is the Camera, though it does a great job and will definitely get you by, I felt as though it could have been better.

Design
With a premium aesthetic that feels incredibly luxe, the handset comes in platinum silver and flamenco red. Compared to its predecessor,
the phone is smaller, thinner, and 15 percent lighter. It measures 5.9 inches tall and 3 inches wide, has a profile of 0.3 to 0.4 inches
at the thickest (149 by 75 by 7.1 to 9.4mm), and weighs 5.4 ounces (152 grams).

As a result of this reworked size, the G Flex 2 is now much more manageable in your hand and easier to maneuver. It still won't be a
comfortable fit in your jean pockets, but unlike the unwieldy G Flex, this iteration is easier to hold vertically during calls and
horizontally while watching videos.

Though not a rugged device by any means, the handset is designed to withstand a certain degree of abuse. When it's facing down, you
can push against or step on its apex to flatten it straight; and when it's facing upward, you can press down its curling edges. After
doing this intermittently throughout the week (totaling to about a couple dozen times altogether) with both slow aplomb and frantic
rapid-fire movements, my review unit bent back to its original shape without difficulty.

Screen
LG reported that due to an in-house chemical treatment, it has made the device's Gorilla Glass touchscreen 20 percent stronger. But I
believe the display's biggest improvement is in its resolution. I was disappointed that the first generation had only a 720p resolution,
but that has now been bumped up to 1080p. And given the screen's size has decreased (it now measures 5.5 inches instead of 6), it has
a higher pixel density of 403ppi.

The result is a noticeably sharper display. Images, videos and text are bright and rich in detail. The screen is easily viewable in
sunlight with the brightness turned all the way up, it has a wide viewing angle, and it's responsive as well.

Camera and video
Photo quality for the G Flex 2's 13-megapixel shooter was respectable -- auto-focus was sharp when it locked onto an object, the shutter
was fast and responsive, and the camera retained a good amount of fine detail when zooming into a photo.

On the whole, however, I wasn't too impressed with the camera. Though colors were accurate for the most part, they could come off muted
and washed out. Macro-focus took a while to latch onto an object up close, and I wasn't always guaranteed a super-sharp picture afterward.
Indeed, photography enthusiasts might not be too enthused, but it performs well enough for everyday, casual snapshots

click here the full review from CNET

Overall it's a great device and will be a great conversation starter! Below are the benchmark tests I ran from my device, both Quadrant and Antutu.

Screenshot_2015-04-07-08-56-03.png

Screenshot_2015-04-07-09-00-08.png

Screenshot_2015-04-07-09-00-19.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee