cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Flex 2 Features

Journeyman

LG G Flex 2 Features

So, maybe you’ve already gotten your hands on the new LG G Flex 2 device and you’re wondering what hidden gems are in the software that. In my opinion, LG has gotten really good at hiding some amazing features in plain sight. I want to talk about 3 of my favorite features on this LG device. The Camera, Smart Cleaning, and Dual window:

The camera on the LG G Flex 2 is nothing short of amazing. It is easily one of the best phone camera’s I’ve ever used. That’s because of things like laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual flash, and 13 megapixel resolution. Laser autofocus is exactly what it sounds like. It uses an actual laser to instantaneously focus on whatever you tell the camera to. The camera focusing is amazing to play with objects at different depths. It refocuses so fast. Its perfect. Optical image stabilization is again, intuitive. It stabilizes the image to make up for people who don’t have such calm demeanor when taking a picture. I’m not sure I would be able to take a clear picture without it. I’m very thankful for software features that can bring my lack of photography skill closer to the average point-and-shoot photographer. Dual flash is, you guessed it 2 flashes. But why would a phone need 2 flashes? They are actually twp different colors! The white flast in order to give the picture the light it needs, but a flesh toned flash in order to correct the “washing out” effect that flashes sometimes give off. The second flash allows the picture to have more natural color and provides an image closer to what was probably intended.

There is one more feature that LG has brought to this fantastic camera setup. But it has to do with the front facing camera. As you might have heard recently, the front-facing camera has been renamed to the selfie camera. Not really, but kind of. Selfies are on fire right now, and there are even instructional videos about how to take the proper selfie. And these are serious videos. LG has a number of selfie-focused features, but only that I find really useful. It’s called gesture shot. You can take a selfie by positioning the camera, put an open hand in the frame, and close your hand to a fist. You’ll see and countdown, and then bam, selfie taken. Then, as you lower the angle of the phone and bring it close to you so you can review the picture (as is standard selfie practice) the LG software flips from the camera to the gallery automatically and brings up your Selfie for review/editing. Even if you’re not a selfie taker, you can admit that the instant review is pretty cool. And if you ARE a selfie taker and wondering why you would have to make a fist to get the perfect selfie, think of how many times you have to hold the phone with both hands and try to push the shutter button without making the device move too much. Enter, gesture shot.

Dual window is awesome. Especially on an amazing viewing screen like the G Flex 2. As you might be able to gather, dual window is simply putting two different apps on the screen at the same time. It is extremely useful to put your text messages up on one side, and email, or browser up on the other side. The only downside to this feature is it’s not available for all apps. I’d love to be able to put up my google hangouts video calling with my brother and still play my favorite game Sim City. I mean, I love you bro, but when you call while I’m upgrading my city, tough choices have to be made. Anyway, dual window is awesome and I hope developers incorporate this functionality into more apps!

Smart Cleaning is like a hero for a nightmare for my phones. The nightmare is all of the clutter and temporary files that come with email signatures, websites, apps, games and other normal phone usage. I’ve tried some devices cleaning apps, but often times they hog battery, or space or don’t work right. Some started out great, only to be left off of someone’s update priority list making it obsolete as soon as I upgrade my software. LG’s Smart Cleaning service keeps track of your phone’s clutter and automatically notifies you when its time to clean it up. Just this morning it popped up for me, and I was able to throw nearly a gigabyte worth of app “leftovers.” Just think what might be lingering on your phone if you don’t have Smart Cleaning in your corner – Nightmares… I know my phone will always be cleaned and running smooth with this awesome feature.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to LG G Flex 2

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.