cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Flex 2 Flexibility and Curve

Journeyman

LG G Flex 2 Flexibility and Curve

LG has outdone themselves again with the LG G Flex 2. Obviously, it’s the second version of the curved, flexible design they introduced with the wonderful LG G Flex. But this phone is far superior to its predecessor in every category. LG has of course upped the internals to the standards they have set with their other flagship devices. But the two features that are unique to this line of product, and help it stand alone in a category all its own are the curve, and the flexibility.

The phone is still flexible, similar to the original design. You can lay the phone on a flat surface, and apply pressure to the back of the phone and watch the phone go from curved, to flat, and back to curved. More importantly, the phone still works as it did out of the box! I definitely don’t recommend performing this test on your own device. Instead, I recommend watching a video of other people performing the tests on their free devices, and seeing just how much bending this phone can take. I was pretty impressed when I watched this guy bend the phone.

LG G Flex 2 Bend Test! - YouTube

My personal feelings on the matter is the flexibility feels more rigid this time around. That it, it seems to take more pressure on the back of the phone to get the phone to actually bend. I think this a testament to LG using higher quality materials for this device that can hold up under more pressure. Another reason for the need of increased pressure may be the size of the device. The curve has to be more compact on this phone compared to the original because the phone is smaller. The LG G Flex was a very large phone. But the G Flex 2 is the perfect size.

The curve is an awesome design that makes a larger phone feel smaller in your hand by allowing the phone to curve along the inside of your hand. The ergonomic design also fits the side of my face well bringing the ear piece and microphone closer together and positioning them perfectly. All the while maintaining a large, beautiful display on a phone that doesn’t feel like it would support a 5.5in screen. The media viewing is still immersive, and the display technology is amazing. I think other OEMs are smart to stay out of this space, because LG has got this design locked down. 

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to LG G Flex 2

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.