BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Flex2 - Initial Impression

Sprint Product Ambassador

About a week ago, I received the LG G Flex2. My initial thought was… this is the sleekest device I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t take my eyes off it (beautiful tech is like art to me). The design of the LG G Flex2 is stunning. The version I have is the Sprint Exclusive Volcano Red edition.

Screenshot 2015-03-20 12.30.41.png

LG’s UI has always been one of my favorites. I enjoy the unique features they have, such as the Double Knock to awaken or turn off the screen, the Knock Code for unlocking the device or entering into guest mode, etc. The LG G3 has been one of my favorite all-time devices, so I was stoked to learn about the LG G Flex2, and even more excited to get one!

Size

The LG G Flex2 can be described as last year’s LG G Flex mixed with the LG G3. At 5.87” in height, 2.96” in width, and .37” thick, it is a bit smaller than its LG G Flex predecessor.

Display

The device comes with a brilliant 5.5” Full HD Curved P-OLED 1920x1080 pixels and 403 ppi display. The curve of the display makes it more enjoyable for viewing content.

Camera

The LG G Flex2 cameras are pretty impressive. The rear camera allows for good shots in poor lighting conditions, with its 13-megapixels, OIS+ (helps with image stabilization), Laser Auto Focus, and Dual LED Flash.

The front camera is 2.1-megapixels and with soft light, Gesture Shot, and Gesture View. The camera has a 3-10 second timer. Also, you can use Gesture shot by holding up your palm and making a fist, 3 seconds later your selfie will be taken. Another cool feature is voice activation. Say cheese, smile, whiskey, kimchi, or LG and your selfie will be snapped.  My favorite part of the front camera is the beauty enhancement. There is a setting on the bottom of the selfie screen that lets you adjust the “beauty” factor from one to eight. It works really well.

Camcorder

The LG G Flex2 features a 4K Ultra HD Camcorder – up to 3840 x 2160. If you plan to take a lot of 4K video, I suggest you install a good sized microSDHC to house your content!

Processor and Memory

The LG G Flex2 comes with an impressive Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Processor with 2.0 GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU. Regarding the memory, this particular device comes with 2GB RAM and has 32GB ROM (internal memory), which is expandable up to 2TB via a microSDHC card.

Battery

The battery (non-removable) that comes with the LG G Flex2 is 3000 mAh and has Fast Charge. Fast Charge allows you to charge the battery to 50 percent in approximately 40 minutes when using the 15W wall charger included with the LG G Flex2.

Operating System

The oh-so-loved Android Lollipop is what the LG G Flex2 has out of the box, which is the best Android OS yet, in my opinion.

Specs

• Display: 5.5” Full HD Curved P-OLED (1920 x 1080) 403 ppi
  • Rear Camera: 13 MP OIS+ Laser Auto Focus, Dual LED Flash
  • Front Camera: 2.1 MP with Soft Light, Gesture Shot, Gesture View
  • Video: 4K Ultra HD Camcorder – up to 3840 x 2160
  • Platform: Android Lollipop
  • Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal Memory (21GB usable memory) microSD card: up to 2 TB *microSDHC sold separately
  • Weight: 5.28 oz.
  • Dimensions: 5.87 x 2.96 x 0.37 inches
  • Connectivity: Sprint Spark 4G LTE, 3G
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Processor with 2.0 GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
  • Battery: 3,000 mAh + Fast Charge*
  • Unique Features: Laser Auto Focus Camera, Knock Code, Smart Notice, QuickMemo+, Smart Keyboard, Glance View, Customizable Swing Lock Screen, Gesture Shot, Gesture View, Advanced Self Healing Back
  • Available Colors: Platinum Silver and Sprint Exclusive Volcano Red

Screenshot 2015-03-20 12.30.52.png

I like the way the LG G Flex2 feels in my hand with the curvature of the device. The screen is gorgeous, and LG’s UI atop Android is nice to use. The call quality is great as well. Speaking of which, this device has wifi calling. So if you’re in an area where coverage is lacking, you can enable wifi calling (providing you’re connected to a wifi network) and make/receive calls just fine.

Upon initial impression and using this device for the past week, I am quite pleased. If you’re in the market for a new device, definitely check out the LG G Flex2. The LG G Flex2 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.