cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: The LG G Flex2 is Ergo-tastic!

Sprint Product Ambassador

G Flex 2 2_w1140_h400.jpg

LG is a company that never shies away from innovation and is often ahead of the curve (sorry, I just had to go there) when it comes to trying new things.  Often the industry doesn't really get it at first and it takes time for the brilliance to sink in after which point everyone goes "AH!  I see now!!".  Case in point, the rear power key that first showed up on the G2 and has been on other LG flagships since then such as the G3 and now the Flex2.  The press initially slammed the placement of the key when the G2 first debuted saying it was a terrible design.  Now the same detractors think it's brilliant.  You just have to give people time to adjust to something so new and unlike anything else around that it blows their minds.

Kind of like the new G Flex2. 

Now I really liked the first G Flex device, but then again I like anything that not only dares to be different but actually has PURPOSE and MEANING in doing so.  But it was a bit too large for me personally; I have found that 5.1" screen size is my sweet spot.  So while the original Flex was a bit unwieldy, I am absolutely 1000% enamored with it's successor, the Flex 2.  The curve of the device fits PERFECTLY in the hand, something you can't quite appreciate until you've held it.  It really does make all of the difference in the world vs one of those old fashioned "flat" devices.  But seriously, the gentle arc of the device just feels so right in your palm; this really is the most "ergo-tastic" device I've ever had the honor of being a Sprint launch PA for.

And as you've seen in other posts, this thing is LUXE.  Very, very slick looking device with a gorgeous finish and the volcano red color which is exclusive to us is incredible.  It feels very premium and with bumped up specs over it's predecessor you can't go wrong.  The screen is better (by far), the camera is better, the software is sleeker.  Everything is just better, and it really just works this time around.

I get that the Flex2 may still be considered an experiment and a niche device by the industry, but at what point should innovation and cutting edge design be the benchmark that all others should strive for.  I think LG's competitors would do well to understand and study the curvature of the human hand and how a linear design philosophy may not always balance out.

We are curved creatures and so should our phones be, shouldn't they?

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee