cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Flex 2 Blog

2 Comments

The LG G Flex2 comes with a gorgeous 5.5 inch curved full HD P-OLED display. It is truly stunning. The key differentiator of this device is indeed its curved screen. 

lggflex4.png

You might be wondering, “Is the curved screen a marketing gimmick, or is it actually useful?” In my opinion, it is useful. Let’s get into the benefits of using the curved LG G Flex2.

Media Consumption

Since the screen is curved, it makes it even more enjoyable to view media and play games on this device. Viewing a curved screen is more immersive and helps to keep out the glare/reflections.

Size

A curved display works well with larger screens. Due to the curve, it is a slightly shorter distance to reach the corners.

Contour

A curved device fits better in your hand and is easier to hold up to your face. If you put your device in your back pocket, the curved device fits quite nicely and better than a standard flat device.

Flexibility

The LG G Flex2 does not have the bendgate issue and has some give. Of course, you can’t fold it in half, but it does have a little bit of flexibility to it.

If you enjoy being an early adopter and ahead of the game, you should take a look at the LG G Flex2. They were the first to market with the curved devices and I think we’ll see more in the future.

The LG G Flex2 is available for purchase from Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

One of my favorite features that LG brings to the LG G Flex2 is its front facing camera. It is my favorite front facing camera to use, out of all of the many different devices I have used.

The front-facing camera on the LG G Flex2 is 2.1 MP HD and also a Full HD Camcorder. They have some very cool features included in with the front facing camera that make this one of the best front-facing cameras around, in my opinion.

Cheese Shutter

With the Cheese Shutter enabled, you can snap a pic by saying...

• Cheese
  • LG
  • Kimchi
  • Whiskey
  • Smile

cheese.png

Gesture Shot

It is simple to take pictures with the selfie cam using gesture shot. To use this, simply hold your hand in front of the front camera and make a fist to activate the timer.

gestureshot.png

Dual Camera

Dual Camera allows you to take a picture using both the rear and front cameras at the same time, aligning them in one screen. This is a fun feature to use so you can be included in the shot you're taking with the rear camera.

dualshot.png

Gesture View

Gesture View allows you to quickly check your selfies after taking them by bringing your device close to your face and tilting it downwards.

gestureview.png

Beauty Shot

This one is my favorite. It makes it look as if you’re on the cover of a magazine. Just slide the dial over to the right to make yourself look more beautiful than you already are.

If you enjoy taking selfies, the LG G Flex2 is the device for you! The LG G Flex2 is available for purchase from Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

LG G Flex 2 – Final Thoughts

Since the LG G 2, I’ve been a huge LG fan. I’ve been lucky enough to get my hands on a few different devices, but the LG G Flex 2 is currently my favorite. Even the original G Flex was a near perfect phone, but the G Flex 2 is better in every way. LG has again put the best specs in a phone, as well as continued to push the status quo in form factor and design.

The LG G Flex 2 has a more subtle curve than its predecessor, as well as a smaller screen. These two changes make the device much more manageable in your hands. The phone’s screen is beautiful and captivating, use the curve to immerse you in the media. The flexibility adds to the durability of the phone along with the scratch resistant and self healing back.

Along with the Quick Circle case by LG, this remarkable device becomes one of the most useful devices on the market. LG’s goal seems to provide the most usable, best device with the coolest form factor. With the LG G Flex 2, they nail that focus again. I highly recommend the LG G Flex 2 to anyone looking for an amazing device, in a different form factor. This device will get the conversation started every time. Usually with someone asking: “Is your phone bent?”

Why yes, yes it is…

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to LG G Flex 2

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

LG G Flex 2 – Shortcut key

One of the goals of the latest LG phones, is to make your life easier. The LG G Flex 2 does a fantastic job of keeping you informed with Smart Notice, keeping you comfortable with the curve, keeping your mind at ease with its flexibility. One of my favorite features of the LG G Flex 2 is the ability to launch a couple of apps while the screen is of.

When I see my kids in the perfect activity for a photo, I’m sure glad I’m carrying my LG G Flex 2. I don’t have to worry about unlocking the phone, navigating to the camera. I simply use the conveniently located volume down button while the screen is off, and it will automatically launch the camera for me. As I’m getting the phone in position to take the quick picture, the laser autofocus instantly focuses on my subject, and another tap of the volume button and the picture is captured. I’m always able to capture the perfect moment with the quick launch ability of the G Flex 2.

Of course, when its LG we’re talking about, that’s not all. The volume up button is also a quick launch button. With the screen is off, you can get to LG’s notepad called quick memo. Its not just a smart name, it really is quick, and easy to launch. Just press and hold the volume up button, and your quick memo app is launched. Now you will never have to miss the opportunity to write down a phone number, or email, or brilliant thought as soon as you’re able to get your phone out of your pocket.

Quick launch buttons are just one way the LG G Flex 2 promises to make your life just a little bit easier, and a lot less touches of your phone!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

Storage for me is important because I keep a lot of data on my phones. LG has a program available on the LG G Flex 2 to help keep your LG G Flex 2 running lean and use the storage on the phone wisely. I do have a 32GB Samsung EVO Class 10 microSD card installed even though the phone has 32GB of storage on it already.

header_title.gif

A few years ago I hardly filled 32GB phone with anything. Now, I have 2 beautiful daughters and I will keep a Digital Copy of their favorite movies on my phone. Watching a movie on the Flex 2 is great although I have to make sure I keep the system clean with enough space on the phone.

I have had friends suggest apps for keeping my phone clean and remove junk files when an app is uninstalled. The problem is 3rd party apps can cause a conflict and I always prefer to try OEM apps first.

The LG has Smart Cleaning available on the LG G Flex 2 and it is very easy to use and I have a short video on how to access it....

That was a short video because it is very easy to use..... if you are unable to view the video. Here are some screenshots showing where to locate Smart Cleaning on your LG G Flex

Clean.PNG

Check out Smart Cleaning to see if you have files from web browsing and downloads that are no longer needed taking up valuable space on your LG G Flex 2! Please review what you are cleaning because once removed, it is gone and this does include apps.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

1 Comment

lg-g-flex-2-header-image-640x0.png

The PA team has already been singing the praises of the G Flex2 over the past several weeks and it seems folks are getting settled in with what some are calling the Second Coming of the Banana Phone, but there's always more to uncover and so we present you with 11 Tips and Tricks for the Flex2, courtesy of our friends over at Digital Trends (source).

Tip #1:

Use LG Glance View to see notifications with a down swipe on the lock screen

g-flex-glimpse-shot-970x647.png

DT: The G Flex 2 has a new feature called Glance view. Holding your finger on the display, and then swiping down will show weather, time, and notifications. It’s a nifty feature that allows you to preview more information. It’s good for checking notifications, but some will find that it’s just as easy to preview notifications with knock on. For those who are new to LG phones, knock on involves double tapping on your phone to get quick access to the lock screen.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: This is actually way more useful than I thought it would be and is really good for being able to quickly see notifications you have without having to turn the screen on.  Great for quickly grabbing notification info when you need it.

Tip #2:

G Flex 2 picks up on gestures

DT: Try this: Open the G Flex 2’s selfie cam and make a fist. When the cam recognizes your fist, it will ask you to unclench your hand, and then take a selfie.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: Besides the selfie fist trick, there are a number of other gestures available.

• Answer an Incoming Call: During an incoming call, bring the phone to your ear to answer the call.
  • Fade out ringtone: You can set the phone to fade out a ringtone by picking it up from a flat surface with the screen face down.
  • Silence incoming calls by just flipping the phone over.
  • Snooze or stop alarm by just flipping the phone over.
  • Pause video by just flipping the phone over.

Tip #3:

Flatten It!

DT: LG says the G Flex 2 is designed to bend, but that’s not completely true. The phone can flatten to 180 degrees when placed screen down on a table, but this is more than just a good party trick. When you factor in the reinforced Gorilla Glass 3 LG made in its labs, the G Flex 2 amounts to a seriously durable phone.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: It's probably NEVER a good idea to put a ton of weight on any curved phone to try and flatten it.  We highly recommend you DON'T DO THIS!!!

Tip #4:

Review Photos Quicker

DT: Positioning the camera close to your face after taking a photo will automatically bring up the most recent photo. The G Flex 2 has the same editing features as the G3, which means it’s even easier to take terrific photos without much practice.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: This is a very cool feature, when you remember that it's actually there!

Tip #5:

Use two apps at the same time with dual window

lg-g-flex-settings-970x647.png

DT:

The G Flex 2 allows users to run two apps at the same time, thanks to a special dual window mode. The dual window feature can be enabled by choosing Settings, General, and then toggling on the dual window icon.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: Depending on what apps you use, this can be a very useful feature.  For example, email and You Tube I find very handy, but some people have all sorts of other ways they use this.  Some people never touch this at all, so it really depends on the user.

Tip #6

Quickly switch between three apps

DT:

LG’s Slide Aside feature allows users to move quickly between three different apps. Swipe three fingers left across the screen, and you’ll save an app. To see your three most recently saved apps as separate tabs, swipe three fingers to the right.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: I have never used this personally outside of testing to see if it actually works and may be one of those things you don't know you need until you use it.  Seems pretty cool and some folks I know that are LG fans swear by it.  I have not been swayed so far!

Tip #7

The self-healing feature actually works, but it’s not that impressive

lg-g-flex2-side-back-1500x1000.jpg

DT:

The G Flex 2 has a self-healing feature for the rear panel. Like the original G Flex, a special rubberized coating will eliminate scratches from the rear panel. According to LG, the G Flex 2 heals in less than 10 seconds as long as it’s not too cold.

Before you break out the kitchen knife to show your brother how your new phone has the same healing properties as a phoenix’s teardrop, you should know that the G Flex 2 can’t recover from gashes deeper than a few millimeters. It’s a nice feature for small scratches, but it’s not magic.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: So far so good and the G Flex2 seems to have recovered from minor scratches that would mar most other devices.  That said, I am not taking a steak knife to it or anything so as DT says, probably only to be used as designed, for very light scratches vs anything super heavy.

Tip #8

Instantly browse photos and video with Quick Theater

DT: The G Flex 2 has made accessing your photos and videos that much easier with Quick Theater. The feature allows you to instantly jump to the photo, video, and YouTube apps directly from the lock screen. To launch Quick Theater, hold your phone in landscape mode and swipe your thumbs horizontally from the center of the lock screen.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: Here's another one I actually use because often you quickly want to show pictures to friends and family and it's a hassle to turn your phone on, unlock it, launch the gallery and find your picture or video.  This great feature eliminates most of that.

Tip #9

Enable Guest Mode

G-flex-pic-3.png

DT:

This one’s a little involved. Setting up guest mode (which is a great for kids), requires users to either have a preexisting lock screen pattern, or make one. To make a lock screen pattern, go to Settings > Lockscreen  > Pattern. From here, choose a lock screen pattern that’ll allow for unfiltered access to your phone.

To enable guest mode, choose Settings > General > Personal  > Guest Mode. Then, toggle the Guest Mode icon on. From the guest mode menu, you’ll be able to set a lockscreen pattern for guests and select which apps will be available in guest mode.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: Call me old fashioned but I never loan my phone to people or let them use it for an extended enough period of time to where I need to worry about whether or not they are snooping through my files.  As I also don't have kids I don't need to worry about locking my phone down for them.  Guest Mode is probably very useful for some folks but maybe not others.

Tip #10

Let your phone know when you’re watching a video or reading

DT:

Tired of having your phone go dark every five minutes when you’re watching a video? Smart Stay can sense when you’re looking at your phone, so the screen won’t go black. It’s great for watching videos, reading on your phone, or just basking in the G Flex 2’s 1,920 x 1,080 pixel display. To set this feature up, go to Settings > Display and change the screen timeout setting to Smart Stay. This feature doesn’t work in the dark, though, because the G Flex 2 doesn’t have a night-vision camera.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: OK so we're positive that this feature is NOT called "Smart Stay" on an LG device as that is a Samsung name for the feature.  It's actually called Smart Screen and works well especially in better lighting conditions in my experience.  But highly recommended so that pesky screen timeout doesn't interrupt you.

Tip #11

Deploy Android 5.0’s native battery saver

DT: Choose the three dot icon on the upper right side of your screen. A menu will appear. Select Battery Saver, then toggle it on. You can even arrange the battery saver to activate automatically when you reach a certain percentage.

Sprint PA Team Real World Input: The Great Battery Power Struggle is always something we have to deal with on flagship smartphones.  The phone tech seems to advance every year but core battery tech, not so much.  Once again the OEMs have to make the software accommodate the shortcomings in the battery so the native power saver in Lollipop can be very useful when and if needed.

So there you have it, more goodies to help you get the best use out of your amazing G Flex2.  Go forth and tinker!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

gf2-fb.jpg

On every phone I test out I tend to write a blog about using it for health and fitness. The LG G Flex 2 has overall been a good phone to use. I have experienced some overheating, but luckily it has not impacted anything while I have been working out. I have been using the quick circle case for daily use, but it is not particularly great for running. I have a few armband cases that I hope would work, but the curve in the design made it a little tricky to use the screen when needed. I was able to go on Google and find a great armband case that curves with the phone and make it simple to exercise with.

Like all other Android phones, the G Flex 2 has access to the Google Play store. I use Endomondo and MyFitnessPal to keep track of food intake and calories burned. I also use the FitBit Charge to make sure I am not slacking off on steps taken during the day. The FitBit app on the G Flex 2 seems to connect quicker to the band than most of the other phones that I have used. I also started trying to step up my pushup game so I downloaded an app that will help me get to 100 (maybe). Even though the apps are relatively the same on each Android device, I seem to like using the G Flex 2 to exercise more than a lot of other phones. The curve in the design helps it seem smaller and more portable, and the case really saves the day when it comes to running. If you are a fitness fan you won’t be disappointed using the LG G Flex 2.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

One of the great things about the LG G Flex 2's camera is its laser focus. You see, phone cameras, like most other non-DSLR cameras out there, focus on a subject by using a tiny motor to move the lense slightly away or towards the phone to see the different focus points.

camera-diagram3.gif

Image source: Cameras: Focus - HowStuffWorks

The phone/camera uses algorithms to detect whether the requested object is then in focus. This works great as long as you have enough light for the phone to distinguish what it is actually looking at. Unfortuntanately, there are times when there is just not enough light for this to happen. That is where LG G Flex 2's laser focus comes in. The laser scatters light throughout the scene giving the camera multiple points of light on a subject to focus on. (Source: How the LG G3 laser AF camera focus works - Opinion - Trusted Reviews) The laser uses light that is invisible to our eyes but other cameras can actually see it. Below is a video that I recorded capturing the laser.

I do apologize for recording it in protrait mode.

0 Comments

lg-ux-4.0-Interface.jpg

Hey, guess what??

LG's UX 4.0 is coming soon to the G Flex2!

OK, not really.. I mean, it could, we just don't know that yet.

But what we DO know is that LG does have some drastic UI changes coming to their version of Android which is supposed to debut on the LG G4, LG's newest flagship handset that you have probably seen alot of lately in the countdown to it's official unveiling coming soon.  Let's be clear, Sprint has not announced that it will carry the G4, but here's to wishful thinking.  LG has also not said whether UX 4.0 will just be on the G4 or will be backported to existing handsets like the Flex2 in future software updates, but anything is possible.  Here's to hoping!

So, what is UX 4.0?

With 4.0, LG has completely redesigned their Android user interface and the on device experience for the user.  Everything from new camera modes to  the Quick Circle menu to accessibility options and even down to redesigned icons themselves.  The entire goal is to make everything flatter, simpler, more elegant and with hints of gorgeous design, all with ease of use for the user with a "human centric" focus in mind.

You see that lightness, simplicity and enrichment are all themes that you see in the Part 1 video above.  One of the things I am most excited about is Ringtone ID, basically customized ringtones for contacts that automatically creates a custom tone using the digits of the contact's phone # to create the tone, it's genius!

Now with the latest UX 4.0 video released just a day or so ago, more camera features like Quick Shot and Gesture Interval Shot (to take that perfect selfie if you're into that kind of thing) as well as more on Ringtone ID.  Finally, Quick Memo plus is a way to allow you to capture shortcuts and notes that you need without a bunch of other clutter in your home screens.

I'm sure this won't be the last you see of LG's UX improvements, and again, fingers crossed we'll see this awesome software on the G Flex2.

Let's hope so, it looks killer!

Until next time,

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.

0 Comments

One of today’s first world issues… putting your device in your pocket or purse alongside your keys and scratching up that phone. It is always a sad situation to see your device scratched up.

Well, the good news is that with the LG G Flex2, you don’t have to worry about scratching the back of that beautiful device, as LG has you covered. They put a self-healing coating on the back of the LG G Flex2. That’s right, the LG G Flex2 will actually self-heal from minor scratches on the back of the phone.

Here's a short video to prove it (uploaded to YouTube by CES 2015):

You might be asking… how does this work? Is it magic? No, it’s not magic, friends, but science rather. The LG G Flex2 back has a coating infused with hydrogen atoms. Hydrogen atoms arrange themselves to be equally distanced from each other. When scratches are made to the surface, the atoms get separated. Since hydrogen atoms arrange themselves to be equally distanced from each other, they come back together after being separated, aligning themselves to where they were before, thus healing the scratch! Don't you just love science?

This self-healing process will only take about ten seconds. It works wonderfully with minor scratches, and keeps your device looking gorgeous and new.

lggflex4.png

This is just another reason to buy an LG G Flex2, which is available for purchase from Sprint.

0 Comments

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/8TwAAOSwpDdU4bXU/$_58.JPG

Quick Circle Apps

Description

Collection of apps for your Quick Circle case in your LG G3, With this apps, you can do plenty of actions without unlock your device like control your music or turn on the torch.

AND IT IS OPEN SOURCE - https://github.com/yoavst/quickapps !!!!

Enter our facebook https://www.facebook.com/quickcircle

Note: Does not work with Lollipop 20A, 20B, 20C.

The app currently include those models:

* Quick Torch - torch application for Quick Circle and regular torch app

* Quick Music - music application for Quick Circle that enables you to use any music player (unlike LG's one)

* Quick Calendar - show your next events in the Quick Circle

* Quick Notifications - mirror your notification, so you'll be able to see them without unlocking

* Quick Toggles - Control your Wifi, Mobile data, Brightness... without unlocking

* Quick Stopwatch - Count time with one click

* Quick Calculator - Calculate stuff fast

* Quick news - read the important news from your feedly feed

* Quick Compass - find the north

* Quick Dialer - call without unlocking

Quick Circle Apps - Android Apps on Google Play

Quick Torch

Description

Quick Torch is a simple-designed, ad-free easy to use Flashlight / Torch.

The App support LG's Quick Circle

Features:

* Elegant, simple user interface.

* Bright flashlight using device's LED flash.

* Ability to use torch outside the app and with screen turned off.

* Supports Android 4.0 and up.

Quick Torch - Android Apps on Google Play

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

OEM case.JPG

The LG G Flex 2 is a beautiful phone in Volcano Red and I hate having to put a case on it. The first thing I did when I found out I had one coming to test and write about was order a case for it. I have 2 little kids and getting in & out of my truck my phones have a tendency to fall. I ordered a generic case that looked like the LG Quick Circle case and used it until I received my LG case.

IMAG0034.jpg

This generic case looks very similar to the LG OEM case with a few exceptions.

• IMAG0035.jpgCircle window had a plastic window I had to cut out to make the window fully functional
  • Battery cover did not have to be removed and case provided full protection all around the phone
  • Magnetic connectors to help keep the flip closed and I liked that part of the case
  • Back of the case is cut out around camera, volume and power buttons
  • Branded with LG G Flex 2 like OEM case
  • Has card holder on the inside of the case
  • Loose the beauty of the volcano red of the phone

So the generic case is very similar to LG's case, although it still lacks some of the advantages of a case from LG.

IMAG0028.jpgLG Quick Circle Case in Volcano Red:

• IMAG0027.jpgNo modification to the case required
  • Removed battery cover to install
  • All 4 corners are well protected by the case
  • Maintain the beauty of the Volcano Red back self healing back cover
  • Made to fit the LG G Flex 2 without a large cutout in the back
  • Full functionality of the Quick Circle window and you the ring in the window lights up depending on your background - cool factor
  • Feels better in the hand than the generic rubber case

After reviewing and trying both cases, I am sticking with the LG G Flex 2 Quick Window case from LG. I like the feel of LG's case better than the generic case. The generic case was a good case to keep my phone protected until I received my OEM case, I just prefer LG's case over the other for myself.

Visit a Sprint store and check out the LG G Flex 2 for yourself along with the LG G Flex 2 Quick Window case.

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

gf2-fb.jpg

I have been using the G Flex 2 for a few weeks now and have really had some time to get to know the phone better. My overall experience with it has been really good. I occasionally run into some lag and overheating, but it seems like it has gotten better over time. My biggest negative about the phone is the battery life. I can get through a day on light usage, but not when I am really using my phone the way I normally do. LG included a quick charger with the phone which makes up for some of the battery issues. Here are some of my favorite features so far:

Curved Screen – The biggest selling point of the G Flex 2 is the flex itself. There is a gentle curve to the phone which makes it easier to hold and gives you some pretty awesome viewing angles while playing games or watching movies. It makes it harder to move back to a normal phone because you really start enjoying the curved experience.

Camera – In normal light situations this camera can compete with the best mobile phones out today. The laser focus feature is great and helps you get the picture you want. I also get pretty good pictures in low light situations. I have yet to find a good mobile phone camera that takes great low light pictures so I would say the G Flex 2 stacks up in this area as well.

Style – This phone is a looker. The volcano red really stands out on the phone and I constantly get asked what phone I am using because people like the look of it. The curve also gives it a unique look which turns heads.

I look forward to using the phone for the next few weeks to test out some of the other awesome features that LG has included.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I love flip covers. I hate flip covers. I love and hate flip covers. On the one hand, they really protect the screen from scratches and damage while looking great. On the other hand, they tend to get in the way of taking a picture. Ever tried to take a picture on a phone with a flip cover? It looks silly. You have to hold the phone with the flap halfway open resting awkwardly between your hands.

With the LG G Flex 2 and the LG Quick Circle case, you have not one but two ways to take photos.

First up, we have the camera function within the LG Quick Circle case. It lets you launch the camera without taking off the flap as well as take pictures.

20150416_214354.jpg

This has the added bonus of keeping your phone protected as you take photos. However, sometimes you want to see what you are taking a picture off in a larger screen. When you open the LG Quick Circle case's flap, the LG will automatically switch to the full camera. Even better, LG has designed the flap so that the rear camera is within the Circle Case's "Circle". So you can go ahead and take photos while the flap is fully behind the phone without the flap getting in the way.

20150416_214429.jpg

In the following video, you can see it in action. Towards the end, I purposely flip the case a bit so you can see that the camera is seeing through the "Circle".

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

If you ever read my blogs you know that I have a thing about the small details. A phone can have great features and raw power but it's the little details that wow me. Little details are what give a phone its character. Little details are what separate many phones from the masses. So imagine my delight when I turned on my LG G Flex 2, after having installed the LG Quick Circle case. It turns out that the phone detects the case as soon as it's in the bootloader and throughout the booting stage. In the bootloader, you can see that the bootloader splash has been resized to fix the Quick Circle. During the boot phase, you can see that the animated boot splash will even detect the case being opened and change its view accordingly.

I don't know if it's just me being nerdy but there's something about this that just screams cool.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

One of the many cool things about being a Sprint Product Ambassador is the techie toys I get to play with from time to time and then share with you through these posts. I am not sure if I have ever thought of a case as a tech add on until now with the LG G Flex2 Quick Circle.

Having broken two different screens in 2014, I am even more of a big believer and never leaving the house without a case on my device.

It was just last week that I got a heart stopping reminder of this when I dropped the LG G Flex2 on the pavement in a parking lot when getting out of my car. Yikes! Thankfully my Quick View Circle case arrived and now I am protected. It is rare to refer to a case as a tech toy but this one is different thanks to the unique circle and the extra function access it provides.

Here is a link to a YouTube unboxing of this case: LG G Flex2 Quick Circle Case review - YouTube

To get the most out of your case experience you are going to want to be sure and activate the functions through your settings menu. This is a simple task and will also give you a chance at this time to choose the features you want to enjoy through the circle.

Circle Case.jpg

Next you might want to drop by the Google Play store and do a little search of the additional features that have been created by some 3rd party providers. As my fellow Product Ambassador Jennifer has outlined, there are many different options.

Now you are ready to slap on the case. Well almost! This is not your normal pop on and go case. The Quick Circle Case is actually a works as a replacement to the back of your phone and as result keeps the overall presence of the device super slim. I was sad to see the exclusive Sprint volcano red go away but I much prefer to have my device protected in case of oops.

Just a few days into using this case and I will have to say that I really love it. The Flex2 with its iconic curve deserves a stand out case that has just as much of a wow factor and for sure this case does it.

My only couple of cons about this case is the whopping $59.99 full retail price and the lack of padded protection for those oh so crackable corners. The price feels better however each time my friends and even teen son have been wowed by the thinness and circle features.

Overall a pretty awesome case option for an already unique standout device.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

16837-66d83780.jpg

Having had the Flex 2 for a few weeks, I still can’t believe that I am using a phone that has an eight core processor. My desktop computer has less which is hilarious to me. LG has been known for their sheer speed of the devices they produce every year. With this monster snapdragon 815 speed and fluidity is not hard to achieve on the Flex 2. This CPU features four high clocked cpu’s for intensive apps like games and video. Paired with four low cores for background tasks to help the phone manage battery power much better. I am achieving more than 16 hours of battery life with normal use. My normal use consists of streaming music, playing a few YouTube videos and browsing the web a bit. The curve of the flex is really friendly to my pockets. I can barely feel the phone in my jeans because it’s very ergonomic and thin. The curve of the screen also makes it nice to talk on the phone more. Fits the natural shape of your face much better than a straight slab.

Glance view is a great feature that I am using a lot as of late. While the screen is off you can swipe down the screen like your checking a notification. The top section of the screen will turn on and let you know what notifications are current.

glance_0.gif

I can’t speak enough about the keyboard. I know keyboards are not particular exciting but it’s probably one of the most important features of all phones. Being able to change the height to meet any user’s needs is a must. I like my keyboard taller than the default setting and it has really made typing much more comfortable.

Knock code has been around for a bit but this feature really feels like the most accurate iteration yet. I can tap my screen in a certain combination to unlock my phone. I get this 9/10 times, its very accurate for me.

knock.PNG

Smart cleaning a built in app that cleans the temporary files and other stuff you have forgotten about. This is obviously not mandatory but it’s there if you want to use it. I download a lot of files that I don’t need taking up space in a week or so. You can make this feature as automated as you like or run it manually when you’re running out of space. I have not been close yet with the 32gb version, that’s plenty for me now a days.

lg_g3_smartcleaning_screen.jpg

LG Health is much improved and really helps me track my exercise and keeps me accountable on eating better to lose some lbs. I use the widget that LG provides so I have an up to date count of calories and exercise.

Gif via androidcentral.com

1 Comment

I've never used a folio case before so this is a new one for me!  I checked out the case and really like what I found.  It does replace the back of the phone with a slightly brighter red back - check out the video for details!

While expensive, this is a great case with custom features enabled by the Quick Circle case!

- Will England

0 Comments

Homescreen.PNG

One of the things I love about Android is the ability to customize my home-screen the way I want it. Here is how to edit the home-screen on your LG G Flex 2. The LG G Flex 2 can have up to 7 home-screens plus the LG Health/Tips screen. If you want to add or remove home-screens or set your home-screen, here are some screenshots from my LG G Flex 2.

Delete 1.PNGHow to remove extra screens or remove one to start from scratch

1. From any screen, pinch the screen together with two fingers diagonally to display thumbnail images of all screens.
  2. Long press on the screen to delete until Remove appears
  3. Drag the screen up to remove it

delete 2.PNG

How add more screens

1. From any screen, pinch the screen to display thumbnail images of all screens.
  2. Tap the Plus on the screen to add up to 7 screens total
    • This is how to add the G screen back if it was accidentally removed.

Now, you can add and remove screens how you want to customize your LG G Flex 2 for how you want to use it. I have only 3 screens + the LG screen with LG Health and Smart Tips.....

Visit a Sprint store near you to check out the LG G Flex 2

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

Let’s face it… there are some areas where coverage might be an issue, such being inside particular structures where in-building coverage is minimal. Fortunately, there is a solution to assist in those pesky areas. It's called Wi-Fi Calling. Only select devices come with this handy feature, and Sprint’s LG G Flex2 is one of them.

wificalling2.png

So you might be wondering.. what exactly is Wi-Fi Calling?

Sprint’s Wi-Fi Calling enhances coverage in buildings and other locations. On your Sprint LG G Flex2, it allows you to call or message from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection at no extra charge. Because you’re calling and texting over a Wi-Fi network, your activity won’t count against any minute, text, or data limits on your Sprint plan. However, international rates still apply for international numbers.

Enabling Wi-Fi Calling on the LG G Flex2

In order to use this feature on your LG G Flex2, follow these simple steps:

1. Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
    1. Settings > Wi-Fi > Long press on Wi-Fi network of choice > Connect to network
  2. Enable Wi-Fi Calling on your Wi-Fi network
    1. Continuing from the step above, long press on your Wi-Fi network > select Wi-Fi Calling > If off, turn on Wi-Fi calling > your Wi-Fi Network will now appear in the Wi-Fi Calling Networks sectionmessage.png
    2. Make certain it is marked “on”
  3. Wi-Fi Range Alert
    1. In the Wi-Fi Calling section (Settings > Wi-Fi Calling), tap the three vertical dots in the upper-right hand corner
    2. Tap on Wi-Fi Range Alert. The follow message will appear “Enable weak signal audio alert: This service will provide you with In-Call audio alerts when you are going out of range of your connected network. If you hear an audio alert, move closer to you Wi-Fi access point.” I suggest enabling this feature so you are aware when you are walking out of Wi-Fi Calling range.message1.png

Now that you have enabled Wi-Fi Calling on your LG G Flex2, you can keep in touch over Wi-Fi while in those coverage challenged areas. If you change Wi-Fi networks, don’t forget to enable the new network with Wi-Fi Calling.

The LG G Flex2 is available for purchase at Sprint.

0 Comments

LG G Flex 2 Flexibility and Curve

LG has outdone themselves again with the LG G Flex 2. Obviously, it’s the second version of the curved, flexible design they introduced with the wonderful LG G Flex. But this phone is far superior to its predecessor in every category. LG has of course upped the internals to the standards they have set with their other flagship devices. But the two features that are unique to this line of product, and help it stand alone in a category all its own are the curve, and the flexibility.

The phone is still flexible, similar to the original design. You can lay the phone on a flat surface, and apply pressure to the back of the phone and watch the phone go from curved, to flat, and back to curved. More importantly, the phone still works as it did out of the box! I definitely don’t recommend performing this test on your own device. Instead, I recommend watching a video of other people performing the tests on their free devices, and seeing just how much bending this phone can take. I was pretty impressed when I watched this guy bend the phone.

LG G Flex 2 Bend Test! - YouTube

My personal feelings on the matter is the flexibility feels more rigid this time around. That it, it seems to take more pressure on the back of the phone to get the phone to actually bend. I think this a testament to LG using higher quality materials for this device that can hold up under more pressure. Another reason for the need of increased pressure may be the size of the device. The curve has to be more compact on this phone compared to the original because the phone is smaller. The LG G Flex was a very large phone. But the G Flex 2 is the perfect size.

The curve is an awesome design that makes a larger phone feel smaller in your hand by allowing the phone to curve along the inside of your hand. The ergonomic design also fits the side of my face well bringing the ear piece and microphone closer together and positioning them perfectly. All the while maintaining a large, beautiful display on a phone that doesn’t feel like it would support a 5.5in screen. The media viewing is still immersive, and the display technology is amazing. I think other OEMs are smart to stay out of this space, because LG has got this design locked down. 

0 Comments

LG G Flex 2 Features

So, maybe you’ve already gotten your hands on the new LG G Flex 2 device and you’re wondering what hidden gems are in the software that. In my opinion, LG has gotten really good at hiding some amazing features in plain sight. I want to talk about 3 of my favorite features on this LG device. The Camera, Smart Cleaning, and Dual window:

The camera on the LG G Flex 2 is nothing short of amazing. It is easily one of the best phone camera’s I’ve ever used. That’s because of things like laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual flash, and 13 megapixel resolution. Laser autofocus is exactly what it sounds like. It uses an actual laser to instantaneously focus on whatever you tell the camera to. The camera focusing is amazing to play with objects at different depths. It refocuses so fast. Its perfect. Optical image stabilization is again, intuitive. It stabilizes the image to make up for people who don’t have such calm demeanor when taking a picture. I’m not sure I would be able to take a clear picture without it. I’m very thankful for software features that can bring my lack of photography skill closer to the average point-and-shoot photographer. Dual flash is, you guessed it 2 flashes. But why would a phone need 2 flashes? They are actually twp different colors! The white flast in order to give the picture the light it needs, but a flesh toned flash in order to correct the “washing out” effect that flashes sometimes give off. The second flash allows the picture to have more natural color and provides an image closer to what was probably intended.

There is one more feature that LG has brought to this fantastic camera setup. But it has to do with the front facing camera. As you might have heard recently, the front-facing camera has been renamed to the selfie camera. Not really, but kind of. Selfies are on fire right now, and there are even instructional videos about how to take the proper selfie. And these are serious videos. LG has a number of selfie-focused features, but only that I find really useful. It’s called gesture shot. You can take a selfie by positioning the camera, put an open hand in the frame, and close your hand to a fist. You’ll see and countdown, and then bam, selfie taken. Then, as you lower the angle of the phone and bring it close to you so you can review the picture (as is standard selfie practice) the LG software flips from the camera to the gallery automatically and brings up your Selfie for review/editing. Even if you’re not a selfie taker, you can admit that the instant review is pretty cool. And if you ARE a selfie taker and wondering why you would have to make a fist to get the perfect selfie, think of how many times you have to hold the phone with both hands and try to push the shutter button without making the device move too much. Enter, gesture shot.

Dual window is awesome. Especially on an amazing viewing screen like the G Flex 2. As you might be able to gather, dual window is simply putting two different apps on the screen at the same time. It is extremely useful to put your text messages up on one side, and email, or browser up on the other side. The only downside to this feature is it’s not available for all apps. I’d love to be able to put up my google hangouts video calling with my brother and still play my favorite game Sim City. I mean, I love you bro, but when you call while I’m upgrading my city, tough choices have to be made. Anyway, dual window is awesome and I hope developers incorporate this functionality into more apps!

Smart Cleaning is like a hero for a nightmare for my phones. The nightmare is all of the clutter and temporary files that come with email signatures, websites, apps, games and other normal phone usage. I’ve tried some devices cleaning apps, but often times they hog battery, or space or don’t work right. Some started out great, only to be left off of someone’s update priority list making it obsolete as soon as I upgrade my software. LG’s Smart Cleaning service keeps track of your phone’s clutter and automatically notifies you when its time to clean it up. Just this morning it popped up for me, and I was able to throw nearly a gigabyte worth of app “leftovers.” Just think what might be lingering on your phone if you don’t have Smart Cleaning in your corner – Nightmares… I know my phone will always be cleaned and running smooth with this awesome feature.

0 Comments

LG G Flex 2 QC

The LG G Flex 2 is a stunning device. There’s no two ways about it. There is something utterly beautiful about the curved design, and the gorgeous, immersive screen that you just want to lock up in a bullet proof and fire proof box so that nothing bad can ever happen to it. Even with the self healing coating on the back of the device, the screen is unprotected. LG has a fantastic option to cover both the front and back of you device without sacrificing the beauty.

The LG G Flex 2 Quick Circle case is engineered by the same manufacturer that makes the phones. Yea, I know that’s obvious in the name, but it’s important because you know the case is designed for this device’s specifications down to the millimeter. In short, you won’t find a better fitting case. In fact, LG didn’t want to add to the bulk of the phone, because what’s the point in having a slim design if you’re just going to make it uncomfortably large with an ugly case? No, instead LG’s Quick Circle case replaces the back panel of the device and snaps onto the frame. The folio portion of the case folds neatly and softly onto the screen providing protection while you put the device in your bag. Since the case replaces the back of your phone, you are actually preserving the original back panel as well! LG has also made these cases in a wide variety of colors (more colors than pictured below!)

Quick Circle Cases.jpg

As with other versions of LG phones, the Quick Circle product line offers the user with an array of features to use while the case is closed. There is a window on the case (as you can see in the image above) which allows you to sees the time and weather, as well as use the camera and see notifications. There are also a number of apps that increase the functionality available for these cases. My favorite suite of apps is called “Quick Circle Apps” by Sternberg labs. They’ve developed a very useful set of apps that work exclusively through the quick circle case such as: a calculator, a flashlight, notifications, calendar and much more. My favorite applet in this suite is the recently added Simon game. It brings me back to my younger days when games were simpler!

0 Comments

One of my favorite items that LG sells is their Quick Circle Folio Case, and I’m happy to say that they created this wonderful gem for the LG G Flex2 device as well.

QuickCircleCaseinBox1.png

I recently got my hands on the red/burgundy LG Quick Circle Folio Case that matches my LG G Flex2 device. This is a polycarbonate/polyurethane fitted hard shell case by LG that goes perfectly with your LG G Flex2. If you haven’t bought this case yet and have an LG G Flex2 (or another LG device that has supports the Quick Circle Folio case), I encourage you to try it. The case weighs only .8 ounces and its dimensions are 5.83" (H) x 3.03" (W) x 0.47" (D).

The nice thing about the Quick Circle Folio Case is that it is a natural extension of the device. To put on this case, the back of the LG G Flex2 first needs to be removed. After removing the back, simply snap your device into the case. The back removal helps to keep the slim physique of the LG G Flex2 in tact.

qcback.png

Using the LG G Flex2 with the LG Quick Circle Folio Case works quite well. I find that the flip does not get in the way, as it conveniently flips all the way back, making it easy to use with the flip open. Also, it does not hinder any device functionality whatsoever.

One of my favorite features about this Quick Circle Folio Case is a cosmetic one actually. When you close the case, a cool looking light travels around the circle rim. You may find yourself opening and closing the front flip just to see that light travel around the circle, as I do.

Quick Circle Usage

Not only is the circle cool looking, but it is quite useful as well, allowing you to access particular content. To awaken the content in the circle, simple double-tap inside the window. Swipe across the window to flip the screen, providing access to up to six apps from the items below:

qcss0.png

• Camera > allows you to take a picture through the circle window
  • Music > allows you to play music resident on your devices
  • Settings > allows you to choose from different circle clock faces

qcss2.png

• Messaging > displays text messages
  • Call Logs > displays your call log
  • LG Health > accesses LG Health information

Some of the tasks you can perform via your Quick Circle Folio Case window are:

• Answer or decline incoming calls
  • Make calls to numbers in the call log
  • Snooze or dismiss alarms
  • View text notifications
  • Read text messages
  • See the weather (via one of the clock faces)
  • Wake your device upon opening the case

Fun with Quick Circle Apps

The apps mentioned above are native on the device. That being said, there are additional apps you can download from Google Play and access through the Quick Circle Case Folio window, such as...

• Puppy Pop > A Quick Circle game (quite fun, btw) developed by LG, downloadable for free via Google Play
  • Quick Circle Apps > this app by Sternberg Labs, downloadable for free via Google Play, provides access through the window to a variety of cool apps...
    • Quick 8 Ball
    • Quick Calculator
    • Quick Calendar
    • Quick Compass
    • Quick Dialer
    • Quick Launcher
    • Quick Music
    • Quick News
    • Quick Notifications
    • Quick Recorder
    • Quick Scanner
    • Quick Simon
    • Quick Time
    • Quick Toggles
    • Quick Torch

As mentioned earlier, you can access up to six apps through the window. To customize which apps you want to see in your Quick Circle Folio Case window, open the case and on your device, follow this path:

Settings > System - Quick Circle Case > Select Apps

QCsettings.pngqcsettings3.pngqcsettings2.png

Now that you have customized your LG Quick Circle Folio Case window, enjoy it, and have some fun!

The LG Quick Circle Folio Case for the LG G Flex2 is available for purchase at Sprint stores and online... Red/Burgundy & Titan Silver. Of course, you need the device to go with this awesome case. The LG G Flex2 is available for purchase at Sprint.

0 Comments

lg-g-flex-review-camera.jpg

I have always enjoyed the UI and the quality of the LG hardware and software. If you are familiar with the excellent LG G3 anyone will feel right at home. If you’re new to LG’s camera software there is not a learning curve. All the settings are laid out openly. With the Laser focus no one will worry about a ruined blurred picture. The Flex 2 has a great selfie feature using hand gestures so you always get that perfect picture without fidgeting for the camera button. Below I have taken a few photos of a tree during the one week window of spring in Florida before it becomes the surface of the sun.

AndroidPIT-LG-G-Flex-2-camera-interface.jpg

20150313_102039_HDR.jpg

2015-03-15 (2).jpg

First image via pocketnow.com

Second image via androidpit.com

0 Comments

flex case.PNG

LG has graced me with this beautiful case to protect the most unique phone on the market. This isn’t a normal case it replaces the removable back plate and protects the screen. With the window it doesn't force me to constantly open the flap to perform basic tasks. LG allows its users to select basic apps without messing up your experience. This case is made to get the job done quickly and efficiently. I found myself playing with the case and swiping through the clock faces, checking the weather, skipping through music and testing the camera. The fact that I have full camera functionality with this quick circle case is well worth it. The watch faces are really nice looking and my favorite is the high end looking watch with the fluid second hand. The notifications will overlay over whatever clock face you choose. My fellow product ambassador wrote a great blog showing off these watch faces available LG G Flex 2 Any notification besides sms and phone calls you will need to open the front flap. It’s really nice to not fear all the scratches in the world because this case makes me worry free. Having the exclusive volcano red case really makes the phone look even more eye catching. I have had so many compliments on the dark gloss red. The front flap almost looks metallic and resists fingerprints completely.

flex case 2.PNG

0 Comments

3888889.jpg

We all know the song and dance when it comes to adding protection to our devices, something that is really important to protect your investment. Over the years my taste in cases has changed from heavy protection to more slender cases that don't add so much bulk to the device.

There is always a trade off when it comes to cases and you have to find that happy medium to know what you want and how it will look. This is where I love the Circle cases from LG. They are, hands down, my favorite style of case on any phone I've had. They are very stylish, functional, and add a bit of protection at the same time. Yesterday my Circle case came in for the G FLEX 2 and all I have to say is WOW that picture doesn't do it justice the case looks so much better in person and I really like the red, really makes the device stand out. What I like about it is it replaces the back of the device and wraps around to the front, the back of the device is the same texture as the original but the front is a more textured non glossy finish imprinted with the LG logo just like the above photo. One of the things that I absolutely love with this case is the 'Circle'

inside the rim of the circle is a clear ring that when you double tap the display it shots a light around the inside of the ring (hopefully that description wasn't as clear as mud...hehe).

You'll have a nice selection of clock faces to choose from, here are the ones I really like but there are some digital options as well:

Screenshot_2015-04-10-14-11-41.pngScreenshot_2015-04-10-14-12-32.pngScreenshot_2015-04-10-14-13-48.png

and if you swipe to the left or right you'll get another set of options:

Screenshot_2015-04-10-14-51-56.png

The circle case for the G FLEX 2 is probably one of the most stylish case that I've used on a device in a long time. Totally worth it!

sprintemployee

2 Comments

puppy-pop-cab.jpg

Puppy Pop.  Oh how I've missed you.

LG's ingenious and infectious game originally released to coincide with the launch of the G3 has made it's way back into my life on the new LG G Flex2, the gorgeous and "ergo-tastic" new handset from our friends at LG.

The best games are highly addictive and often dead simple, and Puppy Pop does not deviate from that formula.  Like Candy Crush or Bejeweled, the goal is to group as many like objects on the screen (in this case cute little puppy faces) together to drive your score.  There is lots of barking going on backed by a hyperactive looping music that would drive you insane if it weren't for the game, but in this case the frenzied soundtrack fits with the high energy pace of the game.

Fast Fwd to 1:20 for a demo of the game by our very own Blue Wyatt:

All of this is made possible by LG's awesome Quick Circle case, specially redesigned for the G Flex2 and in a fiery red color that compliments Sprint's exclusive "volcano red" color of the Flex2.  The folio style case actually snaps into phone, replacing the back of your G Flex2 to add as little bulk as possible to the device while adding new functionality and of course, Puppy Pop.

qc.jpg

So check out this killer case and all of the wonderful enhancements it will bring to your life, including.. do I need to say it?  PUPPY POP!

Until next time,

sprintemployee

0 Comments

Flex 2.jpgFlex3.jpg

Phones these days do whatever they can to stand out in a very crowded field of competitors. When LG unveiled the original G Flex is was a really good looking phone, but it was really large and not everyone’s cup of tea. When the G Flex 2 was announced people were excited to get a smaller screen with impressive specs. The camera is essentially the same awesome one that comes with the LG G3 and the screen itself looks amazing. Where the G Flex 2 really stands out is the actual look of the phone. The subtle curve really makes a big difference. I am using the Volcano Red which is a Sprint exclusive color. I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked by strangers what type of phone I have. This thing pops with color and style. Everyone wants to look at it, and when they do they see the curve that really sets it apart from its competitors. The UI is very much like the G3 but it adds some style and sophistication of Android Lollipop. I am still testing out all the features, but I can honestly say this is the sharpest, best looking phone I have ever used. I can’t wait to put it through the tests to see if its insides are as beautiful as it’s outside. In the picture above you can see it next to the Nexus 6 and the Note Edge.

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

Thanks in great part to being your personal Sprint Product Ambassador, I have had the opportunity to use many different phones these last couple of years. Everyone seems to have a key thing they look to be great from a device and for me it is the camera. I love taking pictures to share with family and like a lot of people I no longer even own a point and shoot. I only use my phone.

The LG G Flex2 camera comes with impressive specs including a rear camera with a 13 MP OIS+ laser auto focus camera in the back. This camera can also record video in 4K Ultra HD for up to five minutes.

The front facing camera is 2.1 MP HD with full HD camcorder including a really cool hand gesture feature for taking selfies.

This all sounds great but how does the camera perform?  Let’s talk in more detail about the specs for a bit and I will let you know what I think after the break.

On the back of the device there is a laser auto focus that will allow you to ensure the specific item or person you want to feature is properly in focus. I found the focus to be super-fast and intuitive to pick the right area to feature. Selecting a different object for primary focus is easy to do with a simple tap of the screen.

20150401_141629.jpg

Another enhancement to operation is the addition of OIS+. Optical Image Stabilization Plus is a hardware and software feature that has been added to ensure sharpness even when your device might be shaking a bit at the time of the photo or video. This feature combined with the laser focusing make for outstanding picture quality and quick ability to ensure the right item is in focus.

As for camera settings, LG kept the interface super simple with three modes: Auto, Panorama, Dual and just a few customizable settings. If you are not someone that cares much about really tweaking your camera options this will not matter to you but the lack of options will be a big deal to the more techie of camera users. The limited options to customize the shot before taking the picture are a bit of a disappointment for me. The interface is also so simple that it is difficult to find some features like burst shot unless you just happen to know how to make it work. (press and hold the camera icon)

As for the picture quality*, I have found the Flex2 to be outstanding in a wide variety of lighting situations both inside and outside. The colors are vibrant on the beautiful P-OLED screen and when reproduced online. There are also just enough editing tools built in to do any tweaking I may want to do on the fly without the use of a separate app.

20150407_123245-EFFECTS.jpg

20150404_162055.jpg

Overall I am pleased with the quality of the pictures and the video. With summer fun on the way soon, I think any user of the LG G Flex2 will be happy to shoot away as well.

*pictures shared here have been reduced in quality due to upload size constraints