LG Flex 2 software update - version LS996ZVB

LG Flex 2 software update - version LS996ZVB

Features/Enhancements:

• Google Security Fixes in April
  • Bulletin for May release
  • Update Roaming Menu UI
  • Preloads

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 5/31/16 and will be completed by 6/3/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: LG Flex 2 software update - version LS996ZVB

when we the flex2 update their is to work like the g4. I have both phones and the g4's is is superior. ergonomics go to the flex2

Journeyman

This update has failed to install 5 times now. It downloads a 325MB update, tells me to update, tells me that the phone will restart, restarts, acts like it is installing, then gives me the dead android image and the word "Error." After a few seconds, the phone reboots again, and the whole process repeats in a couple of days. I have tried this with all of my security software removed (was using AVG and Lookout). Same result. The order of the process looks like this:

1. notification of downloaded update and the need to restart.

2. restarts, android robot image shows up looking like it is installing.

3. android robot dead image shows up with word "Error" underneath.

4. phone reboots again, and a couple days go by.

5. return to step 1.

Please help. I am not sure what to do. I have a very fast wifi connection and have plenty of battery when doing this. I have tried doing it under 4g as well as using wifi in multiple places. I have tried it with bluetooth on and off. Cannot figure out the problem here.

Per my settings I am on build number LMY47S, kernel 3.10.49, android version 5.1.1 and software  version LS996ZV9.

Journeyman

strange greg.mine loaded no problem,took around 15 minutes.i think LG has kicked the flex2 to the curb. I always thought the curve was cutting edge!what it really needs to shine is the g4 OS.That phone rocks!

Journeyman

Maybe I need to completely wipe my phone and hard reset it back to factory. Maybe then it will undo whatever bug is keeping this update from working.

I wonder if having USB debugging enabled or having developer options enabled is interfering. I would love to know the difference between your phone and mine.

I absolutely love my LG G Flex2. Excellent camera. Pretty quick processor. And wonderful form factor (that curve really does reduce glare and make it more ergonomic). I would hate to replace this thing. Just about paid it off. Maybe I will go into a Sprint store and complain about this faulty update and see if they can swap it out or something.

Journeyman

yes turn debugging off and develop options off. once u do this update u will never be able to root it. I saw a posting about this update on XDA

Journeyman

to be frank Greg I rotate continuously between my g4,flex 2 and a HTC one m8 which I using cyanogenmod on. the HTC is my tinker phone!

Journeyman

Well this is weird. Tried to flip the developer options switch to off. It thwn asks for my pin. I put it in and then it warns me about turning developer options ON. Once I accept, it then goes back to showing the switch still on. If I select no on the warning, nothing happens (well, nothing happens either way). Cannot turn developer options off. Sigh.

Journeyman

Figured it out. Had OEM unlocking on. Unchecked OEM unlocking and then was able to turn off developer options. Trying the update again...

Journeyman

Nope. Still didn't work. Disabled dev options and still gets about 1/3 through before I get the dead android error image. Then it reboots and says the system is up to date. But still shows the older system version.

GrandMaster

couple months late but i loved this phone to. the hand feel of it was pretty great. screen was beautiful..heck with my case on it i could sit it on my GF's dash and it formed to it and wouldnt slide anywhere lol...which i dont recommend people doing since it puts it right into direct sun which electronics and heat no bueno..i still use my Flex 2 for watching netflix etc but i run my HTC One M9 as my daily driver.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Still fails on the update. Emptied caches using the lg clean app. I have tried everything. Also read elsewhere that I am not the only one to have this failed update issue. Wiping the phone won't help, per these other users. I am pretty much stuck on ZV9 for now. Maybe a new version will come along.

Also, this morning while playing a game my phone spontaneously rebooted. It did some "optimizing apps" process that took a while (128 apps) before booting all the way.

Heres hoping whatever THAT was makes the update work next time it surfaces. Checked version after that. Unchanged for now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat