cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone constantly rebooting?

Journeyman

Phone constantly rebooting?

The other day, my phone decided to start randomly rebooting itself. It's gotten to the point now that all it does is reboot. It's constantly flipping itself off and starting up even before the last cycle has been completed. At this point I just want it on long enough to transfer my pictures, but any other ideas are welcome.

14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care

Re: Phone constantly rebooting?

Hi IMJUSTK8, let's work to find a solution to this issue. What's the make and model of this phone? Does it display any error before rebooting? How long does it last before it reboots and what steps have you performed?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's an LG G Flex 2. It gives no warning, it just goes black. It's now only completely rebooting if its plugged in and if I touch the screen it starts the whole cycle over. Please tell me there's a way to save my pictures. It only started after I put a screen lock on it.

GrandMaster

google how to boot into recovery mode on that phone..i havent had that phone in a few years so i dont remember the steps. you can then try to do a cache/partition wipe on it to see if that clears it up enough to keep it from doing the boot loop...if that doesnt work you can do the same steps i believe and try to get into safe mode to see if it makes it stable enough to transfer your pics
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

IMJUSTK8, let's see if wiping the cache partition of your phone resolves the issue. This does not delete the apps or data in your phone but only clears out the temporary data. 

• Turn the LG G Flex off.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, Power key.
  • When the phone vibrates, release the Power but continue to press and hold the Volume Up and Home key.
  • Continue holding the keys until the Android System Recovery menu displays and then release. This step may take several seconds.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
  • Press the Power key to select the option.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.

Keep us posted if the issue gets resolved.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, it flashes to "recovery mode loading..." And flashes back to continuously reboot.
Journeyman

I can't turn it off. I can't do anything.
GrandMaster

you more than likely are going to need to take it into a Sprint repair store...preferably a Corporate Repair store. the other thing you can attempt is let it fully die..try to turn it back on and let it die again until it wont even attempt to turn on..leave it fully dead for about 15-30 minutes then go ahead and charge it..then attempt to turn it back on and see if it will fully boot correctly..this is an attempt to dump any saved up files that are not needed to clear a bit of space in case something in there is boogering it up..if this doesnt work it will for sure need to go into a repair store to see what they can do
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

IMG_20170601_102341.jpg

It goes black, shows this, and goes black. Nonstop.

Journeyman

Thank you
GrandMaster

keep us posted on whether letting it fully die and then recharging it helped get you past the boot loop or if it didnt and the repair store had to do anything to it..and what they did if possible..just in case anyone else runs into anything like this there will be things they can attempt at least.
Journeyman

Letting it die completely helped a bit. Then my computer decided to no longer recognize the phone to transfer pictures. I've been able to get it stable enough while plugged in to upload pictures to google photos through the app. I'm head to the sprint repair store soon. I'll keep it updated.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat