Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZV5 update fails- what now?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ZV5 update fails- what now?

Hello,

I've tried to update my phone to ZV5, however the update fails. The update downloads, the phone restarts, but then the update fails. I tried to do a factory reset after the fact, the update downloaded again, and failed again. The phone isn't rooted. What's the deal with the failure? After trying the update the first time, my data connection for Google apps seems to be terrible, and text messages only show up when I'm in the app. I really need this fixed ASAP, as it's affecting my ability to use my phone at all. Thoughts on what to do next?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: ZV5 update fails- what now?

Try a hard reset :

Capture.PNG

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”
Sprint Product Ambassador

I agree, reset it using the hard button reset sequence above.  We are not seeing many reports at all of failed update so there was either an issue with the unpacking of the update or the device itself is faulty.  In my experience, real hardware failures are rare however.

Journeyman

I've got the same problem. Did the reset, but it didn't help.

Phone tech supp doesn't have a clue. They told me that they think the update doesn't have enough space to run (?!?).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat