cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZV6 Update

Journeyman

ZV6 Update

Can someone from sprint elaborate on what all is fixed in this update? The Flex 2 page that lists the updates doesn't really say much other than the update to 5.1.1. i've read on the XDA forums that people with the international versions of this phone that have been getting this update over the past several weeks have had nothing but great things to say about it. They say it fixes all the lag, overheating, and battery issues. Hopefully my phone prompts me for the update soon, i can't wait to have a usable phone as its pretty much a piece of crap in its current state.....

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: ZV6 Update

wonder when this will push to us?

whats your phone doing currently? i have some random things i see with my F2 but nothing really over the top.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

its definitely rolling out, one of my coworkers has the Flex 2 and got the update the other day. just wish it would hurry up and pick my phone!

my phone drives me nuts, its always lagging switching apps and i usually have to click things several times before it responds and opens. it also locks up all the time doing the most mundane things. like the other day i started a show in Emby and forgot to turn my brightness up. so while it was playing i tried to pull down the menu to turn off auto brightness, it took around 10 seconds to pull down the menu and then once it did it just locked up. the show was still playing in the background but i couldn't do anything, it would respond to home button presses or anything. I had to power off the phone and restart it. its always doing stuff like that where it locks up, sometimes it eventually responds but most of the time i have to restart it.

not to mention the heat issues and terrible battery life

GrandMaster

do a system cache wipe on the phone..this is a non factory reset so you wont lose any personal info but it might clear up what youre seeing..worst case scenario you might have to back everything up and do the dreaded fr but hopefully the other one will work

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

[Inappropriate Link Removed]

i just got done updating and am now on ZV6. hopefully i notice some big improvements!

Message was edited by: Admin SeaWolf
This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

GrandMaster

edit out the link. cant post anything from 3rd party sources.

GrandMaster

by the by i got this update last night around 11pm Cali time..not that time or location really matters..but i now have it on my F2..it didnt say much as to if it was adding anything or not..but once it did Voice Mate popped up. so now to activate it i say either LG Mobile or Hello Genie..messed with it a lil but have never really had any use for voice commands in the past..they rarely work when i need them to so i dont bother lol...i'll try this one out a bit to see if things have improved or not over the years.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat