cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G Flex Random Reboot Loop and Battery Drain

Journeyman

G Flex Random Reboot Loop and Battery Drain

Recently my G Flex has started to restart itself, get stuck in a reboot loop, and then when it finally decides it wants to work again, it has all but drained the battery BUT as it stays on the battery % increases.  The only way I have been able to get it out of the reboot is to put it on the charger, but even then it can take a few more times for it to come on and stay on.  Sometimes it goes to the Sprint Spark screen, and then others it will just bring up the LG logo over and over.  Has anyone else had this problem. and if so, how did you fix it?  I have only had the phone since July '15.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: G Flex Random Reboot Loop and Battery Drain

Did this start a a few weeks after the latest over the air (OTA) update? LS995ZVB

Hook up to a PC, backup anything you need and perform a Factory Data Reset. (Best thing I did to start the new year!)

Love my Flex! It's stable again and battery is lasting 48-60 hours again.

Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone

Again...If you want your pictures, music, etc...copy everything to your PC first.

Journeyman

Just checked my phone info and thats the update I'm on. Dont know when exactly that happened but that must be the culprit. Thanks for the response. I will back it up tonight and reset. Does LG have any programs like samsung does to back up all your information to the computer? I tried one but it would never recognize my phone.

Journeyman

The very same thing is happening to me

Journeyman

yes mine doing the same thing monday!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the advice, but the reset didnt work. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat