cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS hundreds of miles off

Journeyman

GPS hundreds of miles off

Hello.

On LTE only GPS shows that I am in Texarkana, which is 4 hours north east of here. It will remain there (network location) until a GPS signal is found where it then corrects itself. The LG G2 on the account also has this issue. Is this something that can be resolved?

14 REPLIES 14
Master

Re: GPS hundreds of miles off

Dear skyfox669,

Thank you for your post. May I have your zip code and cross streets? Does this only happen in one area? Is your device updated to the most current software? Have you tried updating your data profile and prl? Is this a recent development?

Looking forward to assisting you.

Sincerely,

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Cross street is golden triangle and Crawford Farms DR I'm ZIP 76244. PRL and Profile updated and software is newest on LG2 (4.4.2) and I am still on JB as I have not received the KitKat update for the Flex yet.

It will show I'm in Texarkana anytime it is using network location only (or until it acquires a GPS lock) and only in LTE. It does it any where in the area and I drive 30 miles to work so I know it's not just one tower.

Journeyman

It's done it since day one but just realized recently that it's not random, but LTE network location causing the issue.

Master

skyfox669,

There are no network tickets opened for GPS in the area. What GPS app are you using, and do all GPS apps have you in the incorrect location? Let me know, I'm here for you!

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Google maps, the native weather widget app, weather bug, gas buddy, and beautiful widgets all show Texarkana when on LTE and only when it's a network fix. Again wifi and true GPS lock are accurate. Just LTE network location only issues.

Master

skyfox669 Let's try something else. Turn location off and then turn the device off for about 3 minutes. After the three minutes, turn the phone back on, location on and then place a call to re-establish a location. Then go outside with the device and then try to locate the device. Let me know if this resolved the problem. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same problem. Does your G Flex take a long time to get a GPS signal?

Master

xBigA

I understand this can be frustrating. We would like to reactivate your phone. Dial ##72786#, the device will reboot and then reactivate. Let us know if the problem persist.

Chris
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I have also had this issue pretty consistently since I bought the Galaxy S5.  I'm typically in the DFW Metroplex.  One place I see this happen is on Amon Carter Blvd in Fort Worth.  I have also seen this down near Mansfield in the DFW Area.  Since I'm on a different phone, this might be an issue with the Sprint GPS service.  And this happens almost every single day on my phone (And I can see this when I look at my location history on Google).

Master

KEIICHI000

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I noticed you mention you have most of the issues when you're in the LTE location. Have you tried turning off the LTE, use the 3G mode to see if you have the same issues. Also please clear out the cookies, and force close any unwanted program from running in the application manager.

Pat
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I just saw this happen again, so I wanted to report it.  It doesn't happen when I'm on 3G, only when I'm on LTE and it's using the network fix to get my location.  If I turn on WiFi and allow my device to see the local APs, it typically corrects itself.  If I go straight 3G and get a network fix, it shows a proper location.  It's ONLY when I'm on the LTE bands.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat