cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Flex

Journeyman

LG G Flex

I recently switched from a note 2 to a LG flex and it is obvious that there is 4g connection problems with it comparing it to the note. I know it's because of the triband system. I've read the sprint explanation. My question is this, in the ##data# menu, it shows all the bands are enabled. Can one go into this menu are disable band 26 and 41 and make lte work better? I know you would need your msl number, but I was just curious if this was doable and/or would it work?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: LG G Flex

au_caveman I do not recommend disabling the settings from that menu. However, I would like you to try resetting the Network Settings, this will re-provision your phone on the network and you will not lose any of your information. Here are the steps: dial ##727786#, the phone will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation, follow the activation prompts when the device restarts; the network settings are now reset. Let me know if that works.

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I have already performed that reset. I have also hard reset, soft reset, and updated the profile and prl. I know lte is there because I can toggle airplane mode or the signal mode and lte comes up. I know other people have said my suggestion has worked on the g2. Is sprint actually trying to get a fix for this or are we going to be forced to deal with it?

Master

au_caveman - We definitely want to help solve this issue. Have you gone to the Sprint store to get the device diagnosed? Also what are you cross streets and zip code?
Journeyman

Yes, I have ever went to the store and they said it is an acknowledged problem and the phone is working properly. As far as the streets go, I know it's not the towers because it happens everywhere I previously had 4g with the note. Also, my wife has a note 2 and my son has a Galaxy s3 and they will be on 4g and my flex will not. Again, I can toggle the mode and get it. But it often drops out quickly. I'm really not that upset about it because where I live 3g is pretty fast and I can force the lte on, But I would still like to know if sprint is working on a solution.

Journeyman

One place you can Check is Joseph e. Lowry and Jefferson St. Nw. This would be Atlanta. This is the only place I had a very strong signal before and now when I force lte on, it goes off immediately.

Master

au_caveman, I've seen and read the same process.  We can't recommend taking these steps as they haven't been tested by our support folks and we therefore can't guarantee results. However, to answer your query, we do know about the issue with these phones and we're absolutely working on a solution.

I'll be pretty flat here, I'm not even going to attempt to diagnose this as a tower issue.  It's not, it's the same thing we're working on with other folks and their Spark devices.  I'm glad it's not affecting you too much but you still deserve to be able to use the full functionality of the phone.  As soon as we've got it resolved, we'll publish the info here on the community.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My lg g flex has recently experienced issues. It was working fine about 2 weeks ago and then all of a sudden I stopped receiving calls and was.getting text messages that were 3 and 4 days old. I took my.phone, twice, to a Sprint service center and.they assured me it was not my phone but tue Sprint service being updated or some [inappropriate word removed] like that... tody the tech at the sprint store did the ##787# thing and said.my phone would be good as new... its only 4 months old... anyhow, after i left the store my phone didnt work at all. I got a recorded message saying ny phone needed to be activated??? I am really upset with Sprint.... any ideas??

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Master

MRSANTOS1010Thank you fro reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your device. Let's start by trying to get your phone activated, please follow these steps and let me know if this helps.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/howtoactivate/index.html

Sincerely,

Colleen
Journeyman

sIR mY LG G FLEX PROBLEM 

3G OR 4G LTE NOT CONNECTED I OPEN DATA BUT ONLY 2G 

GSM CONNECTED BUT 3G OR 4G LTE NOT CONNECTED I CHOSE CDMA/LTE SLEACTED BUT NOT SIGNAL HOW PROBLEM SIR PLZ 

RPY ME 

I  INSTAIL NEW SOFTWERE BUT NOT PROBLEM CHANGE 

Tags (1)
Sprint Social Care

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can take a look tat he area around you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

do you have the correct sim card in the phone in order to connect to Sprints network?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat