cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Cheese Shutter - LG G FLEX

Wizard

Camera.PNG

In one of my previous blogs I talked about the Camera and how much I liked it. aside from not having an OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer) to aid in low light situations the G Flex camera is one of my favorites. I like that LG included voice controls

for their devices to be able to take a photo by saying certain words. This really comes in handy when you are taking a picture of yourself or with your loved one.

Like this one (note this was not taken with the G FLEX this was take with a point-and-shoot Nikon):

Rome.PNG

My wife and I at the Roman Colosseum in Dec of 2011. At the time we were there I didn't take my device with me as my Nikon camera was a better camera at the time but with our devices now having world capabilities and 13MP cameras in them any more trips we take I'm just going to use my cell phone for taking photos.

Like I said earlier I love that LG included voice control in the camera, call me crazy, as I always worry that I'd be the one tourist that would ask someone to take a photo of us and then have them run off with it. Out of the box the "Cheese shutter" is off by default to enable it launch your camera app, select the settings icon and in the upper left you'll see "Cheese shutter" change to "On" and it will display a guide of the different key words you can use to take a photo:

CheeseShutter.PNG

I found one great use of this feature a couple Friday's ago, my sister does not like her picture to be taken and we were throwing a surprise birthday party for my sister-in-law's 30th birthday. throughout the course of the night the party favors included fake mustaches as my sister (who has a great sense of humor) wanted to see what she looked like so she asked if she could see herself on my phone so I turned the camera on and enabled the front facing camera. as she was looking at herself and laughing I yelled CHEESE and sure enough it snapped a photo!!! I am now using that photo as blackmail...lol

Thanks LG for including this feature! one of my favorites.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.