cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: First Impressions!

Wizard

Capture.PNG

First Impressions:

Last Friday my G Flex showed up and what a great way to start the weekend! coming from the Galaxy Note 3 the size of the G Flex wasn't such a drastic change like it would be coming from smaller devices. I have to say that the first thing I did

was lay it face down on the table and press it down! little nerve racking at first but it definitely lives up to it's name! I had a some folks in the building interested in seeing the G Flex so as soon as I activated I took it around the building and did a small demo to the folks that

wanted to see it. The G Flex is definitely an attention getter I was able to draw a small crowd of about 50 people who were interested in seeing the device. Some commented that it was to large and others said they liked it but it all depends on the device they were currently using.

I demo'd the self healing back and the table top exercise. I have Avengers, in HD, on the G Flex which gave a good demo of the POLED of the screen quality. One of the best qualities of the screen is the ability to accurately show black levels and this device wins hands down!

Things I like:

• The phone is very comfortable, feels good in my hands.
  • Screen quality is amazing and I like watching movies and videos on it.
  • Good camera.
  • Speaker is fantastic and great for hands free calls and being able to  hear it pretty loud.
  • Self healing back works well and light key scratches have worked themselves out.
  • Flexible - nice to know that this device has some "give" in it to help in protecting it.

Things I don't care for:

• Android 4.2.2 - Why oh Why doesn't this have kitkat on it or at least 4.3 Android!
  • Improvements to the camera but still not the best in low light situations (blog to come on the camera).
  • even at 0 brightness the screen is way to bright at 2am in the morning... hehe.
  • NFC sharing doesn't work so well, tried to send a photo via NFC but the G Flex would only open the Play Store, not sure what that was all about but happened with both a Samsung device and an HTC device.

kind of negates the easy sharing feature

BATTERY!!!

One last thing before I end this blog.

THE BATTERY IS AMAZING ON THIS DEVICE!! here are some screenshots from the weekend of the battery life on this thing. I am thoroughly impressed with it.

Screenshot_2014-02-02-21-37-55.pngScreenshot_2014-02-03-04-46-40.png   

-Your Product Ambassador Team-

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.