cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: G Flex - King of Batteries?

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG_G_Flex_35831141-9882_610x435.jpg

(Credit: Josh Miller/CNET)

The newly announced LG G Flex introduces some game-changing new technology; namely a flexible, curved display and scratch self-repairing back cover. But at the end of the day, the most desirable feature of any (and every) smartphone is battery life. On January 31 Sprint may just crown a new king.

Forbes recent article "Why Battery Life Should Be The New Smartphone Battleground" (Dec 2013) highlights the importance of smartphone battery life. And why not? The logic is obvious. How can we tout our "wireless" devices if our customers are constantly scrambling to get from home charger, to car charger, to office charger, back to car charger, back to home charger? Sound familiar? What you need is the capacity to truly break away from wires and get through your entire day. Or two. Or maybe even three.

CNET recently updated their living list of smartphones with best battery life. The recently added LG G Flex will come packed with a giant 3,500 mAh battery, which will translate directly into >1-day talk time and double-digit hours of personal entertainment.

While our earth has become smaller with the advances of commercial airline service, we are still spending hours upon hours in air terminals and in flight. Ever take a flight to Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Sydney or even Honolulu? Then you know exactly the importance of long battery life and entertainment in flight. Even a flight from San Francisco to Orlando, given the waiting in the air terminals combined with flight time, can be taxing on patience and stress. Load up your LG G Flex with all your favorite tunes and digital movies along with some comfortable headphones and you're all set to jet.

Among CNET's best battery listers is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 "phablet," clocking in with 15 hours of non-stop entertainment. The Note 3 battery life is impressive for sure. But the LG G Flex bests that by almost three hours. CNET tested the G Flex as having nearly 18 hours of non-stop entertainment battery life. Where's the popcorn?

Part of the amazing tech packed into the G Flex, and what makes all that battery life even more impressive, is the curved and flexible battery. That's right, I said curved and flexible battery. Whoa! Mind blown?

35831141_-_battery_610x407.jpg

(Credit: Lynn La/CNET)

For comparison sake, here are the battery capacities of some newer Sprint smartphones:

• Samsung Galaxy Note 3: 3,200 mAh
  • Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3: 3,200 mAh
  • HTC One Max: 3,300 mAh
  • LG G Flex: 3,500 mAh

As a Sprint employee, I can't wait to take the G Flex, and all its innovative technology, for a spin, including tapping into the massive battery life. I'll report back my real-life usage and overall impressions once I get a production unit in hand.

Keep watching this space for upcoming material on some of the UI enhancements, key features and use impressions from me and some other launch team Product Ambassadors.

Until then, keep it curvy!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.