cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Flex Camera - Very Pleased!

Wizard

GFLEX camera.PNG

As some of you may know, Photography is one of my favorite hobbies and whenever I get the pleasure of being on a launch team one of the biggest things for me is the camera and how well it takes photos. When the LG G2 came

out I was slightly disappointed with the camera, in low light situations the camera tended to look washed out, still took great photos but with a 13MP camera, for me, it left a little to be desired. When I found out I was selected for the

LG G FLEX I was pretty excited (really excited) and looking forward to the curved OLED display and the camera. I have to say that I have been thoroughly impressed with this camera. LG has done a great job improving the camera

over the LG G2, still could do a better job with low light situations but overall I've been really happy with it. One of the things I am surprised that LG didn't include was the OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). I did find a brief explanation

of OIS from engadget and you can see in some of the lower light photos how OIS does make a difference

"So what's missing from the G Flex camera? Optical image stabilization (OIS). Apparently it wasn't an oversight: LG told us that it had originally planned to add OIS, but the module would've been too tall to fit in the phone.

This doesn't seem to have a huge impact on the quality of images taken in daylight, but it certainly has an adverse effect on low-light performance, which already wasn't as good as this year's Lumias and the HTC One.

You can't capture as much light, which makes resulting images noisier and blurrier. Aside from this, our experience taking photos in broad daylight was just as good"

Link to full article from engadget

Here are some comparison photos between the LG G Flex and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, both are 13MP cameras and the settings are as close to similar as I could get them relative to the device. The LG G Flex is 13MP@4160X3120 pixels and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is 13MP@4128x3096 pixels.

BudweiserGF.PNGBudweiserGN3.PNG

KeysGF.PNGKeysGN3.PNG

OpenGF.PNGOpenGN3.PNG

Water FrontGF.PNGWater FrontGN3.PNG

WoodsGF.PNGWoodsGN3.PNG

YardGF.PNGYardGN3.PNG

Overall I really like the camera on the G Flex, its fast clear and produces some great images!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.