cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors - LG G Flex: The Best IR Blaster in the game

Sprint Product Ambassador

back.jpg

I'm back to sing more LG design praises. I was sitting on my couch the other day and was trying out the quick remote app that comes with the LG G Flex. I was pointing the phone down at the TV and I couldn't get the TV to program properly with the app. I then looked at the top of the phone where the IR blaster has been on other phones in the past. All I could see was the extra mic for noise dampening.  As I started looking for the IR Blaster I was shocked to find it on the back next to the camera. The picture above shows the IR Blaster on the left side of the camera. This make so much sense to have it positioned this way! I don't have to angle my phone while not being able to see the screen. It is so natural to hold the phone in front of your face and you can clearly and accurately select the buttons you want to control your devices. The way other manufactures do the IR blaster is way more difficult to use it accurately, this feels much more natural. The quick remote app also allows for many customized attributes. Below I have attached screen shots on how the app can be tailored to your needs.

Here is the interface of the remote, I think it looks great and it has everything I need.

Screenshot_2014-02-13-14-02-54.png

If you hit the menu button you can select "auto display at home" this allows the remote to pop up in the status bar when your on your home WiFi. This is the fastest way to use your remote regardless of what your doing on your phone. You don't need to exit the app your in to access the quick remote feature. It also shows up on your lock screen as well while at home.

Screenshot_2014-02-13-14-04-36.pngScreenshot_2014-02-13-14-03-44.png

Not to mention this app isn't just for TV's, the sky is the limit. Anything that has IR capability will most likely work with the app.

Screenshot_2014-02-13-14-23-03.png

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles