cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG QuickWindow™ folio case. Brilliant.

Sprint Product Ambassador

20140310_090523.jpg    20140310_091608.jpg 

By now you're already aware the LG G Flex is a large device. The term "phablet" is a perfect euphemism for something this big. And, along with big screen, loads of storage, options galore, and super-fast "guts" come a phablet sized cost. More often than not, power and precision don't come cheap. So you will want to protect your investment.

There are a few accessory cases on the market for the LG G Flex. However, your choices are fairly limited, compared to smaller, higher volume devices. Not to worry. Enter the LG QuickWindow™ Folio style case.

I'll say up front that I don't like thick, bulky cases. This is especially true for larger devices. Matter of fact, the larger the device, the slimmer the case needs to be. Which is one of the best reasons to recommend the LG QuickWindow™ case. It's minimalistic protection that covers all the bases. Plus it has added functionality that makes your G Flex more user friendly and extends the life of the LARGE battery further yet.

The LG QuickWindow™ case is thin and light, which I like a lot. The case adds very little bulk and very little thickness. Yet it covers all four corners, which are the typical "pain points" of accidental drops. Keep in mind the G Flex is fairly durable on its own without a case: the backing is a special scratch-repairing, flexible material; the front glass is Gorilla Glass 2™ and is able to flex a little for short periods of time.

The QuickWindow™ case offers handsome fit and finish to an already striking device without screaming "look at my case!" Because the QuickWindow™ case comes directly from LG the LED indicators, speaker and microphone cut-outs, and access holes are perfectly aligned. Even when the case is fully open, you still have unobstructed access to the buttons and sensors on the back for volume, sleep / wake, taking photos and using QuickRemote™ to tune into March Madness.

20140310_091554.jpg     20140310_091622.jpg 

Once you snap your G Flex into the QuickWindow™ case you have to enable the QuickWindow™ feature in the Settings menu. System settings > Accessory > QuickWindow case (on). Once enabled, QW gives you quick, convenient access to the most used features via a smaller display area shown through the case window. You can check the time (via three selectable clock faces), current weather, control music and handle phone calls without lighting up the big screen, which saves battery life. You can also see message notifications, but you have to open the case to read or reply to the message.

20140310_090533.jpg     20140310_092347.jpg 

Note: Music control only works for locally synced music files. If you use cloud music services like Spotify® or Songza® (like me) the controls won't help.

If, like me, you don't care for thick, bulky, heavy cases then you'll love the fit and finish of the LG QuickWindow™ case. It adds style and protection along with increasing the battery life of the device while bringing out useful features that are only available with genuine LG accessory products.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. sprintemployee