cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Life's Good with the LG G Flex

Sprint Product Ambassador

20140129_080433.jpg

The beautiful LG G Flex is helping to keep me "well rounded." LG's tagline 'The Shape of Innovation' is certainly true.

My LG G Flex arrived and today, so I get to set it up and put it through some preliminary paces. My first impression: WOW, it's large. I mean really large! Okay, to be fair, it's not as large as the Galaxy Mega. But if you've read my previous posts, you know I've carried and tested several of Sprint's "phablet" category devices; namely the Galaxy Note II and Galaxy Note 3. The G Flex almost makes those devices seem "normal" by comparison.

Let's open up the box and take a look inside.

Right on top is the beautiful G Flex device lying in wait, face up. Pay close attention to the warning label. It clearly states the battery is embedded (i.e. non-removable) and the device has 32 GB of on-board storage with no support for MicroSD storage expansion.

20140129_080513-ws.jpg

Under the top shelf is the standard stuff: Getting Started guide and old device recycle bag. Under that is the Energy Efficient USB wall/travel charger and USB charge/sync cable. No headphones. No SIM removal tool. That's it for what comes in the box. Let's get the G Flex out and see what The Shape of Innovation looks like.

20140129_080554-ws.jpg

The Shape of Innovation is...curved. The curve is top to bottom so it fits your face more naturally.

Facing up.

20140129_080756-ws.jpg

Facing down.

20140129_080811-ws.jpg

I compared the physical size of the G Flex (right / top) to the Galaxy Note 3 (left / bottom). The G Flex is a little longer.

20140129_080716-ws.jpg  20140129_080848-ws.jpg

The G Flex is just a smidge wider than the Note 3.

20140129_080914-ws.jpg

Okay, it's time to get it set up and activated. I'll write another post soon to cover my first use impressions. Keep checking back to this space for more tips, tricks and features.

Until then,

Your Launch Product Ambassador team.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.

1 Comment