cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: OK GOOGLE - Google Now on LG G FLEX

Wizard

Capture.PNG

Ok so Google Now is not specific to the LG G FLEX and is available on almost all Android devices and, aside from Google Wallet, it is my favorite app to use.

Living in Orlando you'd think with the nice weather we've had that it would be a great opportunity to head to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, etc.... but we decided to head to Ikea's theme park (if you ever been to an Ikea you know how crowded it is)! We were in Altamonte Springs, which if you were there at 2am it would only take you 10mins to get from Altamonte to Orlando, and decided to head over to Orlando. Traffic on I4 was horrendous and took us about 20mins to move 3miles at that point I decided to see what Google would do for us. Traffic was slow enough that I could reach up to my G Flex, that was in my windshield mount, and launch the Google app GoogleNow.PNG if you have it setup it will come up like this:

Screenshot_2014-02-18-07-06-49.png

At this point just say "Ok Google" and then speak whatever you want it to do. For us and tied up in that I4 traffic I just said "Ok Google,  Navigate to Ikea", within seconds it used my GPS location and found the Ikea of Orlando and launched Google Maps got us off the interstate and routed us around

the traffic taking back roads to get us there. Another awesome feature that I love about Google Maps is the ability to get traffic data and take you around it. (click here to read about how Google gets Traffic Data)

Ok so by now you are wondering what does this have to do with the G Flex, well I have to say that I absolutely love the 6" display and when using the Google Maps it makes it so easy to see the screen and read the street names. I also have to say that we were out all day on Saturday and even using the GPS, which is a battery hog to begin with, I never once had to worry about the device shutting off because the battery died. Even after running the GPS for the day I didn't have to put it back on the charger until that evening. Really gives piece of mind knowing that I have a device that can hold up to my daily activities without worrying about charging it in the middle of the day. I have a car charger for it but wanted to take the risk and see how long it would last. It exceeded my expectations.

Here is a screenshot from the G Flex using Maps, as I said using the 6" display this device is perfect for GPS. Its large and easy to read.

Screenshot_2014-02-18-09-08-35.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.