cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling

Journeyman

WiFi Calling

The online manual of LG Flex describes how to turn on and use WiFiCalling but the actual Sprint LG G Flex phone do not have this feature available.

is this because Sprint removed this feature From the phone?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: WiFi Calling

Sam3wheels,

Thank you for contacting us with your question.  We are enabling Wi-Fi calling on several devices through software updates.  Unfortunately the LG G Flex is not one of the devices that has received an update for this.  At this time we do not have a date available for when the update will be released, but you can watch the device forums here for updates.

Thanks,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Why does sprint hold back capabilities from their customers and why do they only make features available timeto some phones but hold back on other devices when the other devices have the same capabilities. I don't understand

Master

AnonymousAZ

All updates are pushed out via the manufacture and unfortunately none of us reps can accurately tell you when an update will come to your specific device. Once it has been released it will push to your device and you will receive a notification to update. Sprint has nothing to do with the time frame that is chosen to release software updates. The only updates we have any input in are updates required to fix an issues on our network caused by already released software. I’m sorry to hear you feel Sprint would have some reason to hold back capabilities from their customers but we truly do not; there is no motive behind doing something like that for Sprint. We would much rather have happy customers that come to us with issues we can actually resolve. I hope that helps explain it a little better and my recommendation for the future is to just make sure the device you want to capable of doing everything you want it to be before purchasing.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Well you should go check your facts because once an update is complete by the manufacturers ex. Lg they then send that update out to the carriers and the carriers make any changes They need to make before it gets pushed out ota to the customers

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat