cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a mem card to your new G Pad F 7.0 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint recently announced that we are selling a wonderful, small tablet from LG called the LG G Pad F 7.0. Maybe you've picked one up or maybe you're considering the awesome deal we have on this lightweight, highly portable Android tablet. If you're looking for a inexpensive tablet that is rich in features with connectivity on the go then look no further.

One thing you will definitely need to invest in is a high quality memory expansion micro-SD card. The LGGPadF comes with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of on-board memory (storage). That said, and given the footprint of Android and some apps that come pre-installed, your going to need to expand the usable memory, especially if you download a lot of books or apps for the kids. The LG G Pad F 7.0 allows you to add up to 128 GB of extended storage via a micro-SD mem-card. I recommend picking up at least a 32 GB card, bigger if you can afford it.

Make sure, as with all modern electronics, you are buying a high quality, high speed memory card. I recommend a "Class 10" card or better for best performance and longevity. I'll walk you through how to install your memory card.

Turn over your G Pad F and lay it face down. You will see the SD/SIM card access door on the side.

16905019942_e8dbea1ba8_z.jpg

Gently open the access door and rotate it out of the way. Note, the door is tethered with a small piece of plastic so you don't lose it. Don't "tear" the door off or get too crazy.

16905293361_f94b5dabba_z.jpg

If you look closely you will see that LG put a small symbol indicating which direction the micro-SD card should be facing before insertion; "fingers" to the left." The cards can only go in one way, but I suppose if you weren't paying attention you could get a card jammed in improperly.

indicator.jpg

Close up the card access door and reboot your tablet. But wait, you're not done! Now you need to "move" apps over to the SD card to create room on the tablet ROM storage drive for maximum performance.

Go into your device Settings > Apps and look for apps in the DOWNLOADED column. One by one, select the app and check if you can move it over to the SD card. If possible you will see a button that says "Move to SD card." Click the button and allow the system to migrate the app over to mem card storage. Here's an example:

Screenshot.png

A word about apps moving to SD storage: Some apps MUST run within the device ROM memory space. Usually those apps won't give you the option to "Move to SD card." Most system apps cannot be moved to SD card. If you're unsure what you're doing ask for help from a qualified person. Most user installed apps can be moved to SD card memory and function just fine. This is why I recommend buying a high quality, high speed memory card, so apps running from extended memory don't lag or take a long time to load. The bottom line on which apps can be moved to extended memory and which cannot is entirely up to the app developer, not LG and not Google's Android OS. The LG G Pad F 7.0 is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop so you can take full advantage of extended memory card storage. It's important to note, however, that once an app is moved to SD card, it won't function (or even appear) if the SD card is removed or corrupted.

I hope this helps you get off and running with your new LG G Pad F 7.0! Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee