cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Pad F7.0 vs Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition - Sprint Product Ambassdor

Sprint Product Ambassador

Capture.PNG

I received a request to compare the LG G Pad F7.0 to a larger tablet. I used my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition to use as a comparison. I found it interesting to compare the two tablets as I had not thought of comparing them before. They both have their advantages depending on what you will be using a tablet for. I am looking at portability and convience myself now that I have a tablet in two different sizes.

LG G Pad F7.0Samsung Note 2014 edition
OSAndroid™ 5.0 LollipopAndroid (4.4.2, 4.3) TouchWiz UI
Dimensions7.45" (H) x 4.49" (W) x 0.39" (D)9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31
Weight10.60 oz19.29 oz
DISPLAY7.0 inches10.1 inches
Resolution1280 x 800 pixels2560 x 1600 pixels
ProcessorQualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410 1.2 GHz Quad-CoreQuad core, 2300 MHz, Krait 400
System memory1G RAM3G RAM
Built-in storage8 GB32 GB
Storage expansionmicroSDmicroSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GB
Battery4000 mAh8220 mAh
Camera5 megapixels8 megapixels
ConnectivitySpark, LTE & Wi-FiWi-Fi

That was a quick basic configuration comparison of the two tablets.... I treat my tablets like my phones and put a case on them. Cases help protect against accidental drops and for continence of watching a movie. Here is a short video of both my tablets with cases comparing them in size...

I like having my tablet for entertainment during lunch for that mental break during lunch. I would be limited on on where I could have lunch if I wanted internet since not all places have Wi-Fi access needed for my Samsung tablet. Now that I have my LG G Pad with both LTE and Wi-Fi, my lunch options opened up. I have eaten at Raising Caine's more here lately with my G Pad for lunch....

Advantages the LG G Pad F7.0 has over my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition:

• Battery last a lot longer... I can go a couple days on a single charge with my G Pad
    • I can slip my G Pad in my back pocket and still have my hands free
    • Spark LTE network connection and not dependent on finding Wi-Fi access when on the go
    • Lollipop - helps with apps on SD card

Disadvantage of my LG G Pad over my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition:

• I had to add a SD card to hold some of my data - minor since I bought several SD cards at Best Buy when they were on sale
    • Lower  RAM and is noticeable sometimes when going back to homescreen. Does not impact performance when watching a movie, playing games or anything else.

I have given my Samsung tablet to my wife to use and carry my LG G Pad F7.0 with me. We take it when we go out on the weekends checking out sales to take advantage of a larger screen to look things up. I pretty much take my G Pad everywhere I go now because it is so portable.....

Visit a Sprint store and checkout the LG G Pad F7.0 yourself....

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee