cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G Pad F makes a great riding partner - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Driving and riding SAFETY should always be the top priority for anyone on the road! I do NOT advocate adding any accessories or technology to your car or motorcycle if you are inexperienced, unsure or unsafe about usage! (I may be out on the road with you. )

I've been wanting a navigation system for my motorcycle. This summer I will be planning some longer road trips and having GPS to help guide me turn-by-turn will come in handy. I could pick up a dedicated GPS nav system for $300 - $500, plus the mount for my motorcycle. I also like listening to music on long rides so I need an iPod or other device to store and manage my favorite tunes. Instead of buying a bunch of gadgets I decided to mount my LG GPadF 7.0 tablet, load up the apps, sync my music, and hit the road.

I purchased a Ram Mount mounting system for my bike and opted for the "phablet" size mount, which is good for larger phones and small tablets. I mounted the tablet to my handlebars where it would not interfere with any controls, alerts, lights or speedometer view. I set my screen brightness to maximum and use the Waze app, which keeps my screen active while the app is in use and gives me a digital speedometer read-out based on GPS signal and satellite tracking (which also helps me know my bike speedo is a little off from true speed).

Close-up of the mount:

mount-front-close.jpg

You can clearly see my tablet mounted, but once I re-install my fairing you won't see it and it won't "catch" bugs.

mount-front-far.jpg

View of the tablet from the riding position:

mount-seated-far.jpg

Tablet up close, view of the Waze app. It was a bright sunny day, thus my reflection on the screen, but I had no problems seeing the screen thanks to Waze's high-contrast color scheme.

mount-seated-close.jpg

I was pretty impressed with how the tablet performed scooting around the KC metro area. My LG G Pad F gets LTE signal everywhere I go, which keeps the Waze app up to date on real-time traffic snarls, construction and road problems. Next I will re-install my fairing, which will shade the tablet from direct sunlight and allow me to connect the G Pad F to my motorcycle's Infinity sound system!

All in all, the G Pad F makes for a great info-tainment system and fabulous riding partner at a can't-be-beat price! It will be with me on all my road trips this summer.

Ride safe everyone! Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee