cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Kicking Off w/ the LG G Pad F

Patron

This being my first tablet experience from LG, I was interested to get the G Pad F out of the box, activated and in to my hands.  One thing that made my initial experience with the G Pad F a little different is that this device is LTE & Wi-Fi only, which means no 3G fall back when using the device outside of Wi-Fi range.  The piece that actually was impressive to me is that since the device is LTE/Wi-Fi only I actually found myself having more LTE coverage consistency around the greater Seattle area than I thought I had based on my handset experience.  Not to go to the overly technical side since this is about the G Pad F, but having more & consistent LTE is a very good thing.

From a design perspective the G Pad F is clean, simple and fits great in one hand.  I love the white body with a slight texture to it.  My only initial concern is that with such a sleek, thin body can the G Pad F hold up to bumps & bruises? Enter one of the benefits of being a Product Ambassador and having a young child in my household – hand your tablet to child and allow them to do what they do, accidentally drop it.  After a couple drops one to a carpeted floor the tablet seems to do just fine.  Personally I will still be looking into adding a case to my G pad just to help with grip while on the go.

On the OS side I appreciate that LG keeps it simple with their overlay, but I am a little concerned that the G Pad only has 8 GB of internal storage of which 3.81 GB is taken at start-up.  Silver lining is that it does also support up to a 200 GB micro SD Card (per LG), so you can save your photos, music, docs, videos and some apps. Personally I am using a 32 GB Class 10 micro SD since we tend to see better performance out of Class 10 & above micro SD cards.

So at the initial get go this budget friendly tablet has some promising upside despite a few opportunities in the memory department.  Looking forward to reporting more on my experience with the LG G Pad F and using it in my everyday work/life mix.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.