cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG G Pad 7.0 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Sprint Product Ambassador

If you in the market for a 7 inch tablet and your stuck between these two let me show you what I found.  At The Desk I found a great comparison and review of both devices.  I will paste in the functions I view important but please follow the above link for the full review.

The Specs

Both tablets offer similar hardware features with very few differences — but the differences are noticeable. Both the LG G Pad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 come with 8 GB of on-board storage with a microSD card for expandable storage up to 64 GB (some even report success with up to 128 GB cards).

Both the G Pad and the Galaxy Tab 4 have the usual standard hardware: You’ve got your micro USB port for charging and file transfers, rear- and front-facing cameras, a microphone, a power button, a volume rocker and an infrared transmitter port for using the tablet as a remote control (and probably other functions, though this seems to be the one both tablets tout).

[Winner: Draw]

Display

Spec-wise, both tablets line up evenly when it comes to display resolution. The 7-inch displays are capable of rendering a high-definition image at a 800×1280 resolution (or equivalent to a 720p high-definition television set) with a pixel density of 216 ppi (in other words — really sharp). On paper, the graphics seem similar — but in practice, the LG comes out on top, though not for a reason you might expect.

[Winner: LG G Pad]

Design

The design of the Samsung tablet is awful.

For one, there’s an obnoxious chrome trim that encompasses the entire front-facing portion of the tablet. Samsung intends this to lend the tablet an aura of luxury — but it makes reading on the tablet awfully distracting, as your eyes focus off words and onto the trim every time light touches it. Bottom line, the design makes it hard to get lost in the content — a huge drawback for any computer.

[Winner: LG G Pad]

Overall winner: LG G Pad, but…

Both tablets are great choices. But each tackles what an Android tablet should look like from different directions.

Where Samsung tries to be a better iPad, the LG tablet focuses squarely on being a great Android tablet. And, problematic file transfer and Netflix performance aside, it delivers a cleaner, better experience than the Samsung tablet. Where Samsung makes it very apparent you’re using a Samsung product, LG’s mission is pushing content to your eyes, then standing aside so you can get lost in whatever book or movie you’re watching.

That said, if you prefer performance over design, the Samsung excels over the LG in everything but the battery life. But if you want a truly exceptional Android experience, the LG tablet is the way to go.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”