cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors– Enjoying the 4G LTE on my LG GPad 7 Tablet

Sprint Product Ambassador

Like I stated, previously I owned a WiFi only tablet.  I used that tablet a lot at home, but on the road I either have to bring my Hotspot device or leveraging any public WiFi that I could find.

The LG GPad 7 Tablet with Sprint 4G LTE woke me up and gave me that freedom that now I can “un-tether” the WiFi world.

Understanding Sprint is still building out a complete 4G LTE network, where I live and work there seems to be adequate 4G LTE coverage for me to enjoy the usefulness of full data access on a device larger than my usual phone.  I am using tablet for general internet browsing, and for the road I can use even google navigation.  It is great as the map is pretty big and very easy to follow on the road.  In my previous post, I mentioned that I used the tablet to record the route that we did for Radio Network Equipment drive test.

At home, I get reasonable LTE service via Sprint’s 1900MHz band, so at the remote side from the tower at my home, I get not so great but reasonable speed for normal usage:

And at my work, there is a new 2500MHz tower built nearby and I get terrific speed:

You may wonder how did I know which tower the Tablet is connected too?  I use the LTE Engineering free app that you can download from Google Play:

Screenshot_2015-04-15-17-01-52.png

I am carrying this LG Gpad everywhere with me now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.