cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Pad 7.0 QPair

Journeyman

In my first post I talked mostly about exploring the advantages of having an LTE connected tablet like the LG G Pad 7.0. Probably the best one I’ve discovered (besides having it to keep my kids entertained at any time) is the ability to essentially have my tablet INSTEAD of my phone. The LG G Pad gives you this ability with QPair.

QPair allows me to pair my tablet with my LG phone and sync notifications between the two devices. Now, I don’t have to put down the book I’m reading to see who’s calling me while my phone is on the charger in the other room. I don’t have to worry about missing a text message because I’m watching the game over LTE outside by my firepit, and my phone is inside. All of my notifications for messages, phone calls, and social media will show up on both of my LG devices.

It does take a little bit of setup. The QPair app is already installed on your tablet. When you open it up, it will give you instructions on how to pair the two devices. Basically you can download the app from your phone and turn on Bluetooth. After you approve the connection, the devices will be in constant synchronization allowing you to use one device or the other and never miss another notification!

The tablet also comes with Google’s hangouts, which allows me to make calls and text over LTE. I can also video chat, and send pics. This is extremely handy while using a tablet in one room, and having your phone in another. This is how my evening played out last night:

I was reading a book on my LG G Pad, and my phone was upstairs charging. It was critically, low, so I knew it would be a while before I could use it. My tablet had about 80% so I was good to go. QPair was already setup, so I knew I wouldn’t miss any notifications. After reading for a little while, my dad texted me to ask me a question about his phone. I was able to send him back a reply through the hangouts app, and carry on. After a little back and forth between me and him, I was back to reading. Without having to get up and get my phone! Then my mom tried calling me. Since I knew my phone was probably only at about 50% or so, I decided to call her back through hangouts. The G Pad made the call, and I was able to talk to my mom over the speaker phone on the device (alternatively I could have used a par of headphones with an inline mic.) She wanted to talk to my kids, so I flipped it over to a video call and handed my tablet over.

That’s a lot of communication that would have been missed if it weren’t for QPair and Google hangouts, AND an LTE connected tablet.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to LG G Pad F7.0

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.