cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Pad F 7.0, Navigation you can see

Journeyman

This past weekend my wife and I embarked on an epic journey of errands and yard selling to previously uncharted territories here in Central Texas. As I loaded up the trusty ole' Google Maps on my phone, I quickly decided to use the beautiful 7 inch screen of the LG G Pad F 7.0 instead.

Most of our weekends are spent at some random baseball filed with our 11 year old and his travel select team. This weekend we experienced a rain out. When rain outs occur, I have to take advantage of the free weekend to knock out honey do's....but in the morning it means that it's time to get my yard selling on.

When I put our planned trip into the tablet and started navigating, I was a little worried that it would be a bigger distraction than helpful tool. I quickly saw this was not the case. It was actually better for me since the larger screen real estate allowed me to glance over and see what I needed to see quicker, without having to scan the screen for my location and the next turn.

I found that I missed far less turns, zero in fact! Sometimes, when coming to left/right forks or slight turns I will not be able to decipher the way the map is taking me, so I guess (often wrong). With the 7 inch screen provided to me by the G Pad, I was able to accurately see where and when I should turn.

Plus with LTE Spark, I never had lag time in loading the map(s), The device locked on to the GPS signal almost immediately and the yard selling trip with as smooth as ever.

The biggest downfall is that now that I am sold on using this as my GPS navigation on trips, I need to find a solid dock for the car...My wife will not always be in the passenger seat, and I cannot look down at my lap to see what's going on...So the search begins for a new car dock....any suggestions?

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.