cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Pad F 7.0 User Interface

Sprint Product Ambassador

I was not initially accustomed to the user interface on the new LG G Pad F 7.0 tablet.  After learning the particulars for each option, I found that the interface was user friendly, easy to use, and appealing.  The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the Navigation Buttons.  The Navigation bar has a triangle, a circle, a square, and another box with the number 1 and 2 stacked vertically. 

NAVIGATION BAR:

interface2.png

The Triangle is the BACK button.  Holding down this button yields the same results as choosing the Dual Window button.

dualwindow.png

The Circle is the HOME button.  Holding this button down will result in a GOOGLE circle populating at the bottom of the screen.  Continue holding and slide up to the circle, and you will be in the Google Search / Google NOW window.

googlenow.png

The Square is the Recent Apps button.  Holding this button will populate a shortcut to various settings, including System Settings.

settings.png

and, the last icon is the Dual Window icon.

Regardless of the orientation of your screen, these icons will be located at the bottom of the screen in its respective orientation.   It's nice to always be able to use your thumbs with the Navigation bar! 

Additionally, I found it relieving that the Navigation bar can be customized (to a certain degree).  Simply go to Settings > Display > Home Touch Buttons and you are presented with Button combination or color.  The button combination screen allows you to rearrange the order of the icons, remove icons, and add new icons.  You should know that the Back button, the Home button, and the Recent Apps buttons cannot be removed; however, they can be rearranged.  There are two additional button options to choose:  Quick Memo+ and Notifications.  Their is a quick setting by default to open Quick Memo+ if you don't want it on your home screen.  Press and hold both volume buttons to open Quick Memo+.  The color option allows for either the White background or a Black background for the Navigation bar. 

STATUS BAR

The Status Bar has the standard options to quickly turn off Wi-Fi, Sound, Screen Rotation, and Bluetooth.  Control the brightness and Notifications sounds from the Status bar as well.  Tapping the Gear next to the Notifications Slider will allow for customization of the normal notification sounds, the Touch / Feedback sound, and Media sound. 

volume.png

I would have preferred to have a way to modify the quick settings to include changing the options available on the display (i.e. turn off / on Mobile Data).

Happy Multitasking!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”