cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G Pad F7.0 Battery Saves Easter

Journeyman

Like many people do, my family traveled to spend the Easter holiday with our family. Fortunatelyfor us its only a short 2 hour drive or so down to San Antonio from Austin. Originally we were scheduled to leave Austin Sunday morning; however, life happens/plans change, and I found myself franticly scrambling to pack Friday afternoon to leave early. Between getting my things situated and our two kids' packed and ready to go, I inevitably forgot several items: Church shoes, kids Easter baskets and my Nexus 6 turbo charger.

Fortunately I was able to borrow a pair of shoes from my brother in law, the kids got Easter baskets - thanks to my wife's ability to get things done last minute. But I was left with my LG G Pad F7.0 and my Nexus 6, with only 1 wall adaptor. In typical form I neglected to charger either device overnight Saturday, so by the time Church was out and we were in route to the family bbq and Easter egg hunt my phone was heading towards an early nap (unlike the 19 month old that was hoped up on chocolate and the excitement of being with his cousin.)

So when the time came for the kids to hunt for eggs, I quickly found out that my phone was kaput and I didn't have a solid backup plan. That's when it hit me, so i went to the car to check the LG G Pad's charge level. I knew I had it several days priors (3 to be exact) but my wife and I had used it off and on throughout those days. To my surprise when I knocked it awake it still showed 75% +/- charge available. I was able to use the G Pad to capture a mini Easter Egg Hunt documentary, some Pinata busting and of course plenty of family still pics because of it.

Well with the family, we got to talking about how we all always take so many pics and yet we never share them with one another...So I was able to give a quick demo on sharing via Google+ and auto backup. Because I had plenty of battery, and a Sprint Spark signal, there were absolutely no hiccups in this demo. By the end of it, we had all set up our best shots to be shared via a custom circle we all created.

I was really impressed this weekend with the battery performance of the LG G Pad F7.0. There can be some sluggishness and device storage issues power users like myself face, but in regard to battery life...I dare say this thing has overachieved expectations by miles. On the ride home my wife's phone set charging in the car, while she went to The Facebook on the G Pad to share some pictures with friends and relatives in TN. By the we got home and I plugged it into the charger, it still showed at least 25% life left. Typically I'm that guy that has to see exactly what kind of screen on time I'm getting, and the estimated time of battery death...but I was so tired, and so pleased with what the G Pad had given me, I didn't even think about it.

The LG G Pad F7.0 wins the battery wars for me, and battery life is easily 1 of top 2 things that make or break a tablet in my opinion.

Here are two of the photos from Easter (these also came out better than I expected!):

The first is of our son, Atticus, and my niece Julianna. The second is a family pic.

JellyandAtticus.jpgeasterfam.jpg

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.