cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors– LG GPad F7.0 Tablet does have an advantage on 4G speedtest

Sprint Product Ambassador

In the last blog, I wrote about how much I enjoyed the Sprint 4G LG GPad tablet that I did not have to rely on WiFi. Well, I recently performed some experiments where I further discovered that   because of its larger size, it can take advantage of the bigger antenna hence delivers higher 4G speed.  This by no means saying the normal smart phones perform badly, just that you can gain a little more out of the LG GPad F7.0.

So here is how I conducted a simple experiment, at the same spot:

1. I examined the RF condition as reported by the LG GPad, then run two samples of speed test.

Screenshot_2015-04-28-17-28-16.pngScreenshot_2015-04-28-17-32-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-28-17-34-21.png

2. I did the same thing using the HTC One M9:

2015-04-28 21.25.02.png2015-04-28 21.26.27.png2015-04-28 21.27.18.png

As you can see, the speed getting from the HTC One M9 is pretty good, considering I am sitting in a conference room.  However, the LG GPad 7.0 speed test shows that the device is capable of taking more advantage of the Sprint 4G speed.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.