cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors– LG GPad Tablet: Some Final Thoughts

Sprint Product Ambassador

After a few weeks using the LG GPad, I have the following thoughts on the device:

1. I like the size of the tablet, fits me better than the Samsung Note 8.0 tablet that I had for a while.  I would like to use the device for Kindle books.  In fact, I found that I have mainly used it for reading these days.
  2. The Sprint 4G LTE service.  I am now tethered free, no longer have to carry my Sprint Hotspot device around. It is great when I am waiting to pick up my wife from work or at the shopping center, I can easily browse the internet or checking emails.
  3. The battery life.  The device has great battery life.  With my browsing activities, reading books (maybe 2-3 hours a day), I do not have to charge the tablet for 3 sometime 4 days.
  4. The screen is ok, not as vibrant as my Galaxy Note tablet.
  5. The device can be slow at time, not very responsive.  Hopefully, future software release can fix some of these issues.
  6. Internal storage: 8GB.  This is limited as after loading the initial software, the device has only just a bit above 1GB left.  I strongly recommend that an external SD card is a must.  However, even with Lollipop, a number of applications will not automatically store the data on the external SD card, so it can be cumbersome moving the files around.

Watch this space.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.